advanced courses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advanced courses

Hi i'm currently doing phase one of my pd engineering course at the City of Glasgow college and will be doing my first aid and firefighting courses in the next month or so but was wondering if we are also required to do the advanced versions of these courses and if so when do we do them?

Usually in phase 5 when you've got enough seatime. I had mine just before the oral exam.
    Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

You can't get a COC without them so you'll need to do them at some point I done mine in phase 3, but Deck guys spend longer at sea than engine, so maybe it's a sea time thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Martyboy View Post
        You can't get a COC without them so you'll need to do them at some point I done mine in phase 3, but Deck guys spend longer at sea than engine, so maybe it's a sea time thing.
        It is, you require six months I believe. We did the MFA in Phase 3, but received the certificate in Phase 5. Did the AFF in Phase 5...
        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Working...
        X