Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HNC Marine Engineering start date 2013 at City of Glasgow College?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HNC Marine Engineering start date 2013 at City of Glasgow College?

Hello I am joining the city of Glasgow college this summer , through CMT. I believe the course starts in September, but I am on Holiday till the 20th of august and just a bit worried in case the course starts a few weeks earlier? Does anyone know the date when the course starts.

Any help would be great.

From what i remember the course will not start till early September. but advise getting halls sorted before your holiday as work has begun to build new catered halls and demolish the old ones. Clyde may say they have got a spot for you but i was one of quite a few cadets who didn't have a place to stay once i got to Glasgow and had to frantically look for a flat. double check with the college you have a room booked.

Comment

Originally posted by comby91 View Post
      Hello
      Can't help you with Glasgow myself unfortunately, but welcome to the forums!! Good to have you!
      sigpic
      Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Thanks for the replys, Yeah got accommodation sorted for St Lukes when get back from hol.

Comment

Tis normally last week in August they start, however get your halls application in early!
          I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

We started on the 13th of August last year at Glasgow. It might be different this year however with all the building work going on.

Comment

If anyone is looking for good accommodation with the old halls being demolished. Collegelands on high street is brand new and from what I've seen its good quality. Hardly scraping the barrel!
              MrTorpedo

Comment

I'm trying to find out the same thing. My girl friend started city of Glasgow last year on august 13th 2012 and she was told that at the end of june 2012. Clyde marine posted on their news feed last year on july 13th 2012 that college would begin on august 13th 2012. I would assume it will be the same this year but cant be sure. As Yabute said as there is building work going on, it could be later. But don't reckon it will be any later than a week. I think the first week is doing your sea survival and fire fighting etc.

Comment

Hi this may be not much help to you but i am also going to city of Glasgow, through CMT as well. But on the Deck side of things and i start on the 2nd of September so i might assume that this is the same for the Engineering side, forgive me if i am wrong though would not bank on it. just trying to give you a possible indication.
                  Good luck

Comment

Hi again, my training officer phoned me today as I am still waiting on college results. I asked him when the start date was and he said August 19th.

Comment

Originally posted by james1985 View Post
                      Hi again, my training officer phoned me today as I am still waiting on college results. I asked him when the start date was and he said August 19th.
                      I think you must be right bud, I got a phone call the other day about my EHIC card and the conversation ended with "see you on the 19th" and I wasn't quick enough to ask if it was August or September.
                      MrTorpedo

Comment

Definitely 19th of August lads, month to go!

Comment

Working...
                        X