Custom Earplugs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Earplugs.

So I'm looking at getting some ACS custom earplugs for my next trip. The question is though which ones. They have two high level noise ones, the pro-26's and the pro-27's. Anyone know which protection range would be better for work on the ship?
    Last edited by Delts28; 24 August 2012, 12:43 PM. Reason: Apparently I can't spell two...

Seriously ?135 for ear plugs.....no no no that or you have way to much money
    Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
    Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
    No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Based on my last ship where they went for the cheapest sets of defenders and earplugs, I'd rather not chance it in future. The number of years use I should get out of them as well I reckon the price is justified.

Comment

You would have to be crazy to pay that much for earplugs. Tell your sponsor company you don't think the ones you got were giving you enough protection and they will look into it, to see wheather you are a potential hypercondriac or actually have a valid point.

Comment

We simply use these...

I'd say they do the job fine, and I've been right above the bow thrusters while they are roaring away.

Comment

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            We simply use these...

I'd say they do the job fine, and I've been right above the bow thrusters while they are roaring away.
            They're what I normally carry to the ship with me and they're fantastic. They're also approved by DMA (who actually make you do noise surveys all over the blinkin place)!
            I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

As long as your ear defence is certified to the relevant BS EN standard, you've nothing to worry about. Ill be buying my own ear defence when I go to college/sea, and that's only because I don't fancy sharing. There's no need to spend hundreds of beer tokens on fancy ear defence, when a cheaper set will do the same thing at 10% of the cost.
              "Crazy like wild wolves threatened by fire, send them all to the bottom of the sea."

Comment

Originally posted by Ducki52 View Post
                As long as your ear defence is certified to the relevant BS EN standard, you've nothing to worry about. Ill be buying my own ear defence when I go to college/sea, and that's only because I don't fancy sharing. There's no need to spend hundreds of beer tokens on fancy ear defence, when a cheaper set will do the same thing at 10% of the cost.
                You probably won't need them as its rare for a deck officer to spend any time in a space where they are required. Just keep a disposable set of ear plugs in your boiler suit and you'll be fine.

For the Engineers, get your own set of ear defenders. They don't need to be massively expensive, Arco make a good set for about ?11. Only thing, make sure you clearly mark your name on them and keep them with you as one or two of the crew on ship's I've been on have "borrowed" (to their dismay) my ear defenders when I left them in the ECR. I'd also look for a set that have the wrap/headset bit that goes around the back of your head instead of over the top. Much more comfortable to wear, especially if you're undergoing an inspection of some kind and have to wear your helmet in the ER (like vetting inspections and has been mandatory in one or two drydocks and a rather wise thing to do).
                I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

[QUOTE=GuinnessMan;52623]You probably won't need them as its rare for a deck officer to spend any time in a space where they are required. [QUOTE]

Oh I wouldn't say that, our ego's sometimes get a bit noisy!

Comment

Originally posted by Chiefy View Post
                    Seriously ?135 for ear plugs.....no no no that or you have way to much money
                    the custom ear plugs r the dogs - we get them supplied - get a normal set and a set to connect your radio too....

Comment

Working...
                    X