Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thisisnotapseudonym
    replied
    Congrats JLP! Cheers for the recommendations. I've already got a well thumbed copy of Seamanship Notes--I'll be sure to check out those other recommendations too.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Midge
    replied
    Originally posted by jlp View Post
    Hi i've just passed my OOW orals at Glasgow Marine Office. I'll write up what I was asked and post it on here. The websites I found most useful were:

Manila2010.co.uk Just click on OOW taster, many useful resources there.

Also if you can, i'd strongly recommend you buy Cosoft, basically a CD you can buy from Colreg.net. It has stuff like Smarty Board, Buoyage Channels, Rule 19 plots etc.

In terms of books, Seamanship Notes by Angus Ferguson is fantastic and covers a large proportion of the MGN 69 syllabus for OOW Deck excluding things you can be asked in the orals like Cargo ops etc.

Good Luck,

JLP
    Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• jlp
    replied
    Hi i've just passed my OOW orals at Glasgow Marine Office. I'll write up what I was asked and post it on here. The websites I found most useful were:

Manila2010.co.uk Just click on OOW taster, many useful resources there.

Also if you can, i'd strongly recommend you buy Cosoft, basically a CD you can buy from Colreg.net. It has stuff like Smarty Board, Buoyage Channels, Rule 19 plots etc.

In terms of books, Seamanship Notes by Angus Ferguson is fantastic and covers a large proportion of the MGN 69 syllabus for OOW Deck excluding things you can be asked in the orals like Cargo ops etc.

Good Luck,

JLP

Leave a comment:

• bridgemonkey
    replied
    I've got a load of past papers for Falmouth. I can drop them through to you if you PM me an email address to send them to. I would offer to give you a hand but i'm back to sea imminently.

Leave a comment:

• thisisnotapseudonym
    started a topic Deck OOW Unlimited orals prep for Falmouth

Deck OOW Unlimited orals prep for Falmouth

Hello all,

I've got my deck OOW unlimited orals coming up at the beginning of February and I'm damn rusty. I've found the thread on online resources which is great but I really could do with a someone giving me a one-on-one orals grilling! Anyone know someone with experience with orals prep for Falmouth?

Cheers!
Working...
X