Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parallel Ruler

Hi all !

I am planning to buy a parallel ruler from store in few days. Could anybody let me know how to perform checks on a parallel ruler to ensure its free from manufacturing defects ?

Thanks

draw two lines and measure the distance between the ends to check they're the same?

Comment

Ensure the stiffness is sufficient to prevent it from flopping open or closed when using it - also ensure it's not too stiff that it's going to require force to move it.

Check all moving parts are adequately lubricated.

Check it's parallel to each other and inspect edges for signs of chipping / damage / warping.

Check the black lines are clearly visible and that the transparentness is sufficient to see through.
      Last edited by Faust; 13 September 2014, 09:35 AM.
      ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
      myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Triangles are the way to go

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
          Triangles are the way to go
          Rolling rules rule.

Comment

If it's a curve you've bought the wrong thing...

Comment

Thank you for the reply HarmlessWeasel and alistairuk

Comment

Working...
              X