Statutory Certificates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statutory Certificates

Currently, I am trying o find out certain details regarding statutory certificates.

Information I am looking for includes:

- The purpose and content of the document
    - The period of validity

It is just the main ones - such as the document of compliance, the Safety management certificate, Load Line certificate, Tonnage certificate, Maritime Labour certificate - I have around 80 to get through...

Does anyone know where I could find a 'compressed' version of all of these details? I am going through each certificate one at a time, but I would hope there is a quicker way?
    "Knowledge is gained through experience and experience is just another name for our mistakes" - Albert Einstein/Oscar Wilde
    "Choose a career that you really enjoy and you will never have to work a single day in life."

Experience with Container, General Cargo and Cruise vessels.

MSC/Circ.1151 and http://www.dft.gov.uk/mca/mca_master..._2009_full.pdf provide some good information.

Comment

Just to note, the Masters Guide to Flag is out of date and inaccurate in some areas, so use it with a little caution. A key term that might help you is 'harmonised system of survey and certification', google is your friend.

Comment

http://www.dft.gov.uk/mca/msn1751.pdf Is what young mariner is talking about

Comment

Originally posted by Lewisscott22 View Post
          Currently, I am trying o find out certain details regarding statutory certificates.

Information I am looking for includes:

- The purpose and content of the document
          - The period of validity

It is just the main ones - such as the document of compliance, the Safety management certificate, Load Line certificate, Tonnage certificate, Maritime Labour certificate - I have around 80 to get through...

Does anyone know where I could find a 'compressed' version of all of these details? I am going through each certificate one at a time, but I would hope there is a quicker way?
          80 statutory certificates? Not really, there's only about 20 tops. Major ones are: -

Document of Compliance (just a copy of it on board, original held in office)
          Certificate of Class
          ISM Safety Management
          ISPS
          Docking Certificate
          Safety Radio
          Safety Equipment
          Loadline
          Tonnage
          Suez Tonnage
          Panama Tonnage
          Radio License
          Certificate of registry
          IOPP
          ISPP
          IAPP
          MLC
          P&I
          Certificate of fitness (Tankers)
          PSSC (passie boats)

Most have 5 year validity with annual surveys and are known as full term certificates. If the vessel is new to management or has issues with something then issued with short term certificates which can last anywhere from 1 month to 6 months (maybe more, but never seen more than 6 months).

If you're still on board, see if you can grab the certificate file from the Captain as he will have all of these in his cabin.
          I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Working...
          X