Learning Morse Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning Morse Code

Anyone know any good resources for learning morse on web?
    Had a look on google but most of it seems to be people wanting money for programs that aren't that good

.._ ... . / --. --- --- --. .-.. . / ..-. --- .-. / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- ... / ... .- -.- .
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Not sure on websites but if you've got a smartphone there's some half decent apps out there that don't cost very much.

Comment

downloaded some apps but they aren't much good. Only let you put in a letter to translate it.
        GM perhaps you should read my first post again.

Comment

There is quite a good android app called 'Morse CT'. It was free and certainly helped me with the basics !

Comment

I have some very old DOS programmes for RoR, buoyage, something else ("nav") and signals. They don't seem to work on Windows 7 (or it might be a 64-bit issue) but I can e-mail them to you if you want to try getting them to run.

Comment

Originally posted by GuinnessMan View Post
              .._ ... . / --. --- --- --. .-.. . / ..-. --- .-. / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- ... / ... .- -.- .
              .... --- .-- / .- -... --- ..- - / .-. . .- -.. .. -. --. / - .... . / --- .--. / .. -. - . .- -.. / --- ..-. / -... . .. -. --. / ... --- / .-. ..- -.. .

Comment

There is a brilliant flash website for learning morse, let me see if I can find it. Been so long since I did Signals.
                Linkedin

Comment

http://boyslife.org/games/online-gam...omment-page-5/

Do the tests, over and over again, you'll be a morse master which will really help you at sea..... Oh...
                  Linkedin

Comment

A tip for learning it that I found useful;

Group the letters into like groups, for instance I used; EISH, TMO, AWJ, NDB.. then pairs for the rest; KR, PX, LY etc.

Set yourself a target of learning one group a day (when you're bored between lectures or at lunch just write out the sequence saying it in your head, and add to it each day.. you eventually pick it up...

Then once you pass - you have the joy of learning it all over again for Chief Mates
                    ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
                    myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget123 View Post
                      .... --- .-- / .- -... --- ..- - / .-. . .- -.. .. -. --. / - .... . / --- .--. / .. -. - . .- -.. / --- ..-. / -... . .. -. --. / ... --- / .-. ..- -.. .

-- .. ... . -.. / .- / .-.. . - - . .-.
                      .... --- .-- / .- -... --- ..- - / .-. . .- -.. .. -. --. / - .... . / --- .--. / .. -. ... - . .- -.. / --- ..-. / -... . .. -. --. / ... --- / .-. ..- -.. .

Comment

Fine, I'll stop crayoning.

However, I did come across a whole load of free sites when googling "learning Morse Code Online"....
                        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by HarmlessWeasel View Post
                          -- .. ... . -.. / .- / .-.. . - - . .-.
                          .... --- .-- / .- -... --- ..- - / .-. . .- -.. .. -. --. / - .... . / --- .--. / .. -. ... - . .- -.. / --- ..-. / -... . .. -. --. / ... --- / .-. ..- -.. .
                          -.-- . .- ..../ -- -.-- / -- --- .-. ... . / .. ... / -. --- -/ .- .../ --. --- --- -../ .- ... / .. - / ..- ... . -.. / - ---/ -... .

.. -/ .- .-.. .-.. / --. --- . ... / .-- .-. --- -. --. / .-- .... . -./ .. / .-. ..- ... ..../

Comment

Fine, I'll stop crayoning.

However, I did come across a whole load of free sites when googling "learning Morse Code Online"....
                            Most of them are pretty bad for learning morse for the signals exam as they either use sound instead of light, or just convert whatever you type in to morse, which is pretty useless for testing yourself as you know what you just typed in.

Comment

-.-- . .- ..../ -- -.-- / -- --- .-. ... . / .. ... / -. --- -/ .- .../ --. --- --- -../ .- ... / .. - / ..- ... . -.. / - ---/ -... .

.. -/ .- .-.. .-.. / --. --- . ... / .-- .-. --- -. --. / .-- .... . -./ .. / .-. ..- ... ..../
                              .--. .-.. .- -.-- / -. .. -.-. .
                              ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
                              myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Working...
                              X