LOLER and LSA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOLER and LSA?

Just preparing for my CM orals have seen a follow on question regarding LOLER asking whether it applies to lifeboat davits and gangways?

I would assume that it does although can find nothing firm in any M notice or the LSA code - other than MGN 332 stating "In the view of MCA, appliances such as Fast Rescue Craft and ship’s lifeboats, which may be raised and lowered with personnel on board, are not lifting equipment for lifting persons for the purposes of this regulation". That doesn't say LOLER doesn't apply it just says they're not treated as 'person carrying' under LOLER.

All advice gratefully received.

LSA davits (along with hooks etc on the boats) are required to be serviced by an authorized technician approved by the manufacturer annually and also 5 yearly involving the 1.1 load test of the davits.

They aren't under the LOLER regulations for this reason.
    ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
    myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Thanks Alistair.

Comment

Working...
      X