Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJJ
    replied
    Thank you very much for answering my question and not being such a judgmental t**t like everyone else. This industry needs more peple to ask questions and not be so confident about their own abilities because quite frankly everyone is too scared to admit that they’re wrong

Leave a comment:

• riker
    replied
    Originally posted by MJJ View Post
    1) what's the difference between lowering gain and increasing rain clutter

2) How to make best use of short pulse vs long pulse
    1) When you lower the gain, it reduces the amount by which the returning echoes and noise are amplified. If you have it set too low, then you may not pick up weak target echoes at all.

Increasing rain clutter will cut of the trailing edge on target returns on all ranges. So in an area of precipitation, you will be able to see the target better, but the echo will be smaller.

2) Short Pulse will give you better target definition. Long Pulse will give you better detection.

Leave a comment:

• MJJ
    replied
    Perhaps i've already googled and couldn't find an answer so could you please elaborate if you do know the answer

Leave a comment:

• Inland Pirate
    replied
    You don't learn anything just asking for the answers though. At least showing a.bit of effort and thought would help.

I'd happily.spend hours going through it all with them, of they made a bit more effort than just posting the questions without an attempt at answering it themselves?

Leave a comment:

• Mantaforce
    replied
    Tbh you probably are better using google as this site is full of snobby arseholes that would rather have one up on somebody than help out their fellow mariners

Leave a comment:

• HarmlessWeasel
    replied
    Dear Google...
    Please do my homework for me

Leave a comment:

• MJJ
    started a topic Questions about RADAR

Questions about RADAR

1) what's the difference between lowering gain and increasing rain clutter

2) How to make best use of short pulse vs long pulse
Working...