• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birdseye
    started a topic T’s and P’s

T’s and P’s

hello,

is is it possible to get a list of all cancelled T’s and P’s every week from the internet?

and if not, how do I find out which ones have been cancelled?

we have been sent the cumulative notice book but I don’t know how to use it and my 2nd Officer isn’t interested or he he doesn’t know how to use it himself.

any help appreciated

thanks

• Adam7
    replied
    I just use the QR code on the bottom admiralty charts now, easy peasy.

Leave a comment:

• flobbernoggin
    replied
    That's odd, I just tried 2565 and it came up with 2 corrections for the latest edition.

Are you sure one of the tickboxes is ticked at the bottom?

Edit:

Looks like there's a glitch on the site, its not showing anything after 2012. Ive emailed the UKHO so hopefully it gets sorted out.

Edit 2:
    they've replied, its all up and running again

Leave a comment:

• HarmlessWeasel
    replied
    Every time I try the tool it comes back blank, despite me trying charts that have updates and T&Ps in the Ntm. Any ideas? I'm joining a ship with paper charts soon and I haven't touched the things in years... :s

Leave a comment:

• flobbernoggin
    replied
    What I do is use the tool at: https://www.ukho.gov.uk/nmwebsearch/....aspx?filter=1

I understand you dont want the inactive notices and only the active ones. What I do is I keep the printout of the Ts and Ps from the tool, when you need to update the Ts and Ps the next time you cant print off a more current sheet and compare the two of them.
    Use highlighters to note the ones still in force, new ones and ones that are defunct.
    Then update the charts and publications accordingly.
    I use the latest printed off sheet as a T and P log.

Every 5 weeks you'll also get a NTM that has "Ts and Ps in force" written at the top.
    Go to part IA and it'll show any cancelled notices since the last "in force" NTM. It'll also list the current Ts and Ps in force too.
    Personally I find it far easier to use the online tool but you are possibly at the mercy of your internet connection.

Heres week 9, the latest "in force" NTM: https://www.admiralty.co.uk/WeeklyNM...eek09_2019.pdf

The cumulative notice book "should" be kept up to date, any notices in it that are cancelled should be penned out. Inspectors also see it as good practice to highlight Ts and Ps that affect you too.

The important thing is to keep everything in sync: Log, Chart, Publication. You do not want Ts and Ps removed from your logs and publications just to have an inspector ask what this T notice is on this chart!!!.

If anyone has any other ideas or improvements to streamline this system then im all ears.

Leave a comment:

• jorgesc
    replied
    Canceled notices are in the Ts and Ps in force issued every 4 weeks in the weekly NTM. TS and Ps are also canceled in between these by corrections, new Ts and Ps or new editions.

Cumulative list tells you the latest edition of a chart and all corrections that should've been applied in the last 2 (at a guess) years. Think of it as a biannual check to make sure you haven't missed any updates. The UKHO also publish a weekly version on their website.

Leave a comment:

• alistairuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Birdseye View Post
    I can’t find it anywhere on the admiralty website.

What I ideally want to be able to do is to put in my list of charts like I would do with the NTM checking pange then to put in week 07/19 for instance and then be given all the t’s and p’s that have been cancelled for that week. Not put in the charts and then see all the ones that are active for that week.

plus how do I use this god damn book?
    If your ship used chartco or digitrace these are features of those programs.

if I remember right the weekly NTM contains a list of cancelled T&Ps on one of the pages.

Leave a comment:

• Polaris
    replied
    Do you have the publication “How to keep your admiralty publications up to date” on board? The procedure may be explained there.

Leave a comment:

• Birdseye
    replied
    I can’t find it anywhere on the admiralty website.

What I ideally want to be able to do is to put in my list of charts like I would do with the NTM checking pange then to put in week 07/19 for instance and then be given all the t’s and p’s that have been cancelled for that week. Not put in the charts and then see all the ones that are active for that week.

plus how do I use this god damn book?

Leave a comment:

• Silvertop
    replied
    You can get them from the www.admiralty.co.uk website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X