White uniform for women?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White uniform for women?

So I work on cruise ships as a deck officer (obviously!) and all the whites they have are mens. I don't really have a problem with it as I prefer to wear trousers when working etc but my issue is the fit. The shirts always fit fine around my chest but then obviously are super baggy everywhere else (boobies!) and the trousers have huge crotches so either have a super high waist or have a crotch by my knees. Does anyone know where I can buy some decent fitting ones? Not worried about going to official uniform places as its pretty standard white trousers and then a white shirt with eppaulettes, high street shops?
    Also, anyone got any advice for getting stains out of whites? Tried everything but everything they touch just soaks in and lives there

You could try looking for navy surplus, for example: https://www.cadetdirect.com/cadet-cl...e-short-sleeve

Trousers may be harder to come by unless you know someone who can buy them for you through the naval stores system.

Or they do occasionally come up on eBay: https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROYAL-NAVY-...-/322390502009

Comment

Originally posted by hatty View Post
      So I work on cruise ships as a deck officer (obviously!) and all the whites they have are mens. I don't really have a problem with it as I prefer to wear trousers when working etc but my issue is the fit. The shirts always fit fine around my chest but then obviously are super baggy everywhere else (boobies!) and the trousers have huge crotches so either have a super high waist or have a crotch by my knees. Does anyone know where I can buy some decent fitting ones? Not worried about going to official uniform places as its pretty standard white trousers and then a white shirt with eppaulettes, high street shops?
      Also, anyone got any advice for getting stains out of whites? Tried everything but everything they touch just soaks in and lives there
      Miller Rayner in Southampton will fit you for shirts and trousers etc...

If you find yourself in either Pireaus or Istanbul there are lots of uniform shops which will fit you out to your measurements exceptionally cheap with some very good quality stuff.
      “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

– Mark Twain
      myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Working...
      X