Notices to Mariners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notices to Mariners

To condense a long and convoluted argument down into a simple question, can anyone tell me how long you should keep weekly notices to mariners onboard, after application? I say up until the next edition of the Cumulative list is published, the C/O’s position is that it should be a minimum of 3 years.

I say that that if I did need to go back and find any missing corrections, I’m not going to go wading trough the mountains and mountains of envelopes stuffed under the daybeds, and that I would just go to the UKHO website and print off the required notice. Apparently that’s not considered official and the proper way, even though the end result is the same.

Just wondering what what everyone else does/knows to be true? SOLAS chapter V seems to just require sufficient that your charts are up to date and suitable for Nav, which is wonderfully vague

The copy of the admiralty manual of seamanship I have to hand says they're to be retained from the earliest of the following 3 dates:
    1 - 1st January of current year
    2 - date of issue of earliest ALLFS or ALRS
    3 - date of issue of chart outfit or date of shoreside servicing

I just keep 52 weeks and dump the old ones whenever I get a new one, and even then if I need something from them I'll download it and just print out the pages I need.

Comment

Originally posted by jorgesc View Post
      I just keep 52 weeks and dump the old ones whenever I get a new one, and even then if I need something from them I'll download it and just print out the pages I need.
      Think I’ll do that then!

Comment

Working...
      X