Neaping Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neaping Question

Hi, does anyone have any step by step process on how to solve a neaping question. I have some notes but they're not detailed enough for me to get it. It looks fairly straight forward but the example doesn't seem to relate to current tidal data and not been supplied with extracts from tide table to figure it out. If anyone have a step by step process or can direct me to a website with an explanation that would be great. Thanks.
    http://desdons.wordpress.com/

Twitter: @desdons

I never did a neaping question at college, but given that you'll be wanting to get out of the port in as few days as possible, then you'll be aiming to get over the obstruction at high tide. Just see which tide in the table is high enough, surely? I didn't do SQAs though so they might want a less sensible/practical way of solving it

Comment

I never did a neaping question at college, but given that you'll be wanting to get out of the port in as few days as possible, then you'll be aiming to get over the obstruction at high tide. Just see which tide in the table is high enough, surely? I didn't do SQAs though so they might want a less sensible/practical way of solving it

Comment

Then you realise that tidal predictions are highly subjective and can be over 50cm below prediction and that the current can run in the opposite direction the tide... Therefore its all theoretical. Sorry, not a productive answer.

Comment

Working...
        X