Living in the first month...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living in the first month...

Right the time to join WMA approaches (3 days away!!) and money is on the mind...

Those currently at or who have been to WMA, how much is sufficient to live on if your accom has been paid for?

James
    Engine Cadet | Phase 5 @ Warsash Maritime Academy

Re: Living in the first month...

Bear it in mind that accommodation and food is only paid to include breakfast and dinner with most companies - you will need to fork out on lunch. Food isn't overally expensive but ifyour someone who likes to indulge in alot of pies - then the pounds will start to mount up. I believe ?3.50 to be sufficient for lunch (not including a expensive drink) which you should be getting from the water fountains anyway. lol

You then have washing and drying expenses ontop of that, as well as buying anything you might have forgotten, the odd trip up the road or the bar.

So ?15 for lunch, few quid for washing and drying and some beer money...... minimum ?20 a week (and thats not a lot of beer money).

Also remember that you have lunch to buy at weekends too, as brunch is served with what you would expect on a cooked breakfast.

Don't forget that the 72 bus is about ?5 return to Gosport (over ferry to Pompy) or Southampton. Places you will be frequenting if you get bored over the weekends.

Comment

I have...?140 odd....god help me... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by jc173
        Is that a week? or a month?

Comment

Hmm I think it is.

Personally, I'd be much richer if I sold the car and gave up smoking, but I can't see either of those happening.
          sigpic
          Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Originally posted by Jmz
            Originally posted by jc173
            Is that a week? or a month?
            For the month, before my wad of VA and Pay comes

Comment

Ah you should be fine, just keep drinking to a minimum!
              sigpic
              Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Comment

Well that still leaves you just enough to survive on for the essentials.... unfortunately no mega nights drinking for you... unless you get someone else to buy you drinks..

Comment

Iceland and cooking myself me thinks

Comment

Cooking on what though? There's not really any proper kitchen facilities.
                    sigpic

Comment

From what I can hear there's a microwave and that shalt do!

Comment

Im starting to think keeping my car isn't the best idea.
                        Take me drunk im home.

Comment

You said you had accommodation, what do you need to cook? As you will have a meal card? Also Iceland isnt close and the microwaves are specifically noted as being not for preparing meals (only snacks).

You can't boil an egg in the kettle either! So don't think about it! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead
                            Parking will be a a ritual never to forget at WMA....

Comment

Originally posted by Jmz
                              Originally posted by Jughead
                              Parking will be a a ritual never to forget at WMA....
                              Hmm don't say that, I'm hoping it'll be easy enough in phase 1 while living on campus...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X