The Maths Test (Again!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Maths Test (Again!)

For those in the know (UK_academic again!)

Is everything on the day 2 test covered by the material sent out? As in, is it a test based solely on the pre-entry maths CD or on that plus other general bits (trig etc)?
    sigpic
    Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Re: The Maths Test (Again!)

I was wondering this too, I have read somewhere that trig was a part of the course, but it was never mentioned in the pre-entry maths course.

Comment

For the Degree Route Engineers should we revise any other topics other than the ones included on the CD?

Comment

Couldn't see it hurting mate if you've got some spare time.

Comment

Presently time isn't fully at hand. It has also been around 8 years since I have done any Mathematics. I want to make best use of the time I have available.

Comment

im rushing to get the CD finished before we start.

Comment

The test involves all sorts of stuff - remember that it's really a diagnostic test of your overall numerical ability, not a spot check of your ability to work through a CD over the summer! Having said that, working through the maths CD will make the test easier, but it's not a case of "learn the CD, pass the test" - the real intention of the CD is to make sure that you're competent with the basics before the course starts. The test tells us who might need some extra help and support - it is not a pass/fail sort of test!
              Any opinions offered are mine and not necessarily those of my employer.

Comment

Working...
              X