Announcement

Collapse

SITE UPGRADE

We've just performed a major upgrade to the forum software. You may have noticed things look a bit different!

Please note that some features have yet to be reinstated, this will be done over the next few days. Attachments, pictures and signatures may not function as they should for the time being.

Thanks for your patience!
See more
See less

Exam Resits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exam Resits

Hi

Ive just been given a resit date for 2 exams in 5 days ! According to University rules and regulations it says the university should give me more than 2 weeks notice before a resit. What should i do ?

Study.

Alternatively consult with your course tutor or student services or similar.

Incidentally, such occurrences were common when I was a cadet (not at Warsash admittedly)

Comment

If its an SQA exam - not a lot the dates are published a year in advance - if its a college exam, chances are they were advertised somewhere.

As above says, get studying.
      “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

– Mark Twain
      myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Nothing and count yourself lucky. They're refusing to give us our resits from near the beginning of last phase until nearly a year after the exams were sat!

Comment

As the same thing happened to the FdSc Sept '14 deckies about a month ago...

Study. Hard.

If it's an SQA exam that's all you can really do at this point, as normal university regulations don't apply AFAIK.

If however it's a non SQA exam, you've got a few more options;
          -Speak to Dawn Edwards in Coastguards 022 and ask if she'll help you put a complaint in,
          -Speak to the exams/assessments officer at the hatch in Coastguards,
          -Make your sponsor aware,
          -If anyone else is sitting the exam ask them to do the same.

That's all I can really suggest at this point.

Side note - Aren't y'all off for Easter now?...

@Jstorm - they're doing the same thing for us. Apparently there's "not enough staff" or something.

"The best in the world"... My arse.
          Pointy bit is the front, blunt bit is the back... Simples!

Will work for money/sea time.

Comment

Originally posted by MrStealth View Post

"The best in the world"... My arse.
            The fact many major companies are now shunning WMA tells you all you need to know

Comment

Why were twice as many companies at Warsash open day this year compared to Fleetwooda?

Comment

Originally posted by MrStealth View Post
                @Jstorm - they're doing the same thing for us. Apparently there's "not enough staff" or something.
                I got fed some bollox about them not being allowed to do resits until after Northumbria had come over and checked everything in 2017, tried to make it sound like they were doing us this massive favour...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt247 View Post
                  Why were twice as many companies at Warsash open day this year compared to Fleetwooda?
                  Probably because Fleetwoods in the middle of nowhere and is a bit of a dump...

Comment

WMA is nearer to company offices than Fleetwood - You've got SSTG, CMT, Carisbrooke, the RFA and carnival within an hours drive. Maybe an hour and a half if you're doing granny speeds...
                    Pointy bit is the front, blunt bit is the back... Simples!

Will work for money/sea time.

Comment

Noticed northern marine and fisher were at Fleetwood but not at Warsash. Can companies afford to stay way from Warsash on capacity grounds

Comment

Noticed northern marine and fisher were at Fleetwood but not at Warsash. Can companies afford to stay way from Warsash on capacity grounds
                        Yup because they will decide where their cadets go and study. As both organisations are based up North, it's probably easier and more cost effective for them to deal with relatively closer colleges than go all the way down South. For example, James Fisher is actually just down the road from Fleetwood and don't take that many cadets on, so why have them all over the place? There may also be older company political reasons as to why they go there as well.
                        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Forgive me for being impertinent but when is your sprog likely to make an appearance in their own right? Or do they not yet know that they're destined for a career in the merchant navy?

io parlo morse

Comment

Originally posted by endure View Post
                            Forgive me for being impertinent but when is your sprog likely to make an appearance in their own right? Or do they not yet know that they're destined for a career in the merchant navy?

I've wanted to ask this for ages but have been too polite :P

Comment

Originally posted by endure View Post

Hes supposed to be studying hard for his AS and mocks in about a month or so. Then he's going on a rugby tour to Hong Kong and New Zealand. After his results he's doing serious research. He's already been to Warsash and Fleetwood open days and going to Plymouth in a few weeks. At his school I think there is a lot of pressure to go to university. Trying to get a handle on this my self. No1 son is in the Army which is a familiar environment for me unlike this.

Comment

Working...
                              X