X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steamer
    replied
    Re: Clubs

Shooting, fox hunting, beagling-whatever...if it's country struff, come and see me....but remember to bring a libation with you-or the Gods will not be pleased!!

Leave a comment:

• sailorsteph
    replied

I'd be interested in shooting too used to shoot rifles and pistols, sometimes with my sis as she was secretary of Oxford Uni pistol club. I drive as well if anyone wants a lift. When you say Island which do you mean?

Leave a comment:

• WillB a-e
    replied

thanks, I'll have to identify Steamer as soon as I arrive then!

I know about the licensing stuff-didn't realise that you had to be checked before becoming a member though, but then after recent events I feel there maybe calls to tighten the rules and regs.
    I did mean about owning a firearm; but I couldn't find any local clubs.

Leave a comment:

• rennells
    replied

Southampton does have other shooting clubs, but as I dont have a car, I wanted to join a club that was very easily accessible from Warsash. The clubs I found are open for shooting in the evening, and to get back to Warsash at night would be problematic, due to public transport.

For WillB, you dont need a license to join a shooting club because you will be using the clubs firearms, although you will have to undergo police checks to become a member of the club. However, you will need a license if you want to own your own firearm.

Leave a comment:

• CharlieDelta
    replied

steamer's room - he's the secretary for general random things.

Leave a comment:

• WillB a-e
    replied

Where would I go on arrival to enlist for this shooting club; is it already formed, or is it something that will be set up once we're there??

Leave a comment:

• Beef1992
    replied

im off to saudi sheilds but if i was at warsash i would of came

Leave a comment:

• WillB a-e
    replied

Then count me in! Aslong as there's time and it's not too expensive then I'd love to come along and shoot some poor, defenceless targets.

Leave a comment:

• steamer
    replied

Don't worry about all that-you can use a club gun or ours

Leave a comment:

• WillB a-e
    replied

It's the licenses that stopped me from thinking about getting one, being a country bumpkin I would have liked one to go after the rabbits and foxes; but now i think you have to be a member of a club for atleast a year, or some such thing.
    I like to think of myself as a good shot though as i did a lot of shooting in the cadets, and had a friends air rifle that I used to reduce our rabbit problem very effectively!

Leave a comment:

• steamer
    replied

If anyone wants to go clay shooting-I can arrange it on the Island..no probs-can even sort out gun loan as well

Leave a comment:

• Beef1992
    replied

.22 a friend of mine used to have a semi automatic .22 think it was called a riger 10-22 krinker got seized though as they banned them. couldnt get the license for it when he renewed

Leave a comment:

• Pear
    replied

I have experience in clay pidgeon shooting, air rifle and .22 etc. But I prefer airsoft, you get to shoot people whilst being able to dress up as soldiers at the same time!

Leave a comment:

• WillB a-e
    replied

I'm hopping for a nice .22 range; sure there will be one in Southhampton somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Beef1992
    replied

im sure with it being in a relatively country area there will be clay pigeon shooting club around.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X