Clubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clubs

It's the licenses that stopped me from thinking about getting one, being a country bumpkin I would have liked one to go after the rabbits and foxes; but now i think you have to be a member of a club for atleast a year, or some such thing.
    I like to think of myself as a good shot though as i did a lot of shooting in the cadets, and had a friends air rifle that I used to reduce our rabbit problem very effectively!
    You can trust me,
    I'm a doctor.

Comment

Don't worry about all that-you can use a club gun or ours

Comment

Then count me in! Aslong as there's time and it's not too expensive then I'd love to come along and shoot some poor, defenceless targets.
        You can trust me,
        I'm a doctor.

Comment

im off to saudi sheilds but if i was at warsash i would of came
          Maybe I will never be
          All the things that I want to be
          But now is not the time to cry
          Now's the time to find out why

Comment

Where would I go on arrival to enlist for this shooting club; is it already formed, or is it something that will be set up once we're there??
            You can trust me,
            I'm a doctor.

Comment

steamer's room - he's the secretary for general random things.
              sigpic
              Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Southampton does have other shooting clubs, but as I dont have a car, I wanted to join a club that was very easily accessible from Warsash. The clubs I found are open for shooting in the evening, and to get back to Warsash at night would be problematic, due to public transport.

For WillB, you dont need a license to join a shooting club because you will be using the clubs firearms, although you will have to undergo police checks to become a member of the club. However, you will need a license if you want to own your own firearm.
                I Aear c?n ven na mar. (Elvish)
                Ee eye-are kahn vehn nah mar. (Pronunciation)
                The Sea calls us home. (English translation)

Comment

thanks, I'll have to identify Steamer as soon as I arrive then!

I know about the licensing stuff-didn't realise that you had to be checked before becoming a member though, but then after recent events I feel there maybe calls to tighten the rules and regs.
                  I did mean about owning a firearm; but I couldn't find any local clubs.
                  You can trust me,
                  I'm a doctor.

Comment

I'd be interested in shooting too used to shoot rifles and pistols, sometimes with my sis as she was secretary of Oxford Uni pistol club. I drive as well if anyone wants a lift. When you say Island which do you mean?
                    ...one must always choose the lesser of two weevils

Comment

Shooting, fox hunting, beagling-whatever...if it's country struff, come and see me....but remember to bring a libation with you-or the Gods will not be pleased!!

Comment

Working...
                      X