• fernze411
    replied
    Re: Rent money!!

burger n chips every night?? hope not

Leave a comment:

• CharlieDelta
    replied

Yeah, heard Aramark have got the boot and Sodexo have got the contract, not that Sodexo is all that...

Leave a comment:

• alistairuk
    replied

Originally posted by nemo
    There must be modern supermarkets nearby for those of us who require quality rather than quantity of scran>
    Theres a co-op in the village. If you have a car you can venture to the big Tesco at Bursledon.

Although there is no cooking facilities - other than a microwave - on the Warsash campus.

Leave a comment:

• dawg
    replied

There must be modern supermarkets nearby for those of us who require quality rather than quantity of scran>

Leave a comment:

• christhis
    replied

There is a new food contractor starting for you guys so if you are lucky the money might actually result in decent food. It sure as hell didnt for the phase 1s finishing now.

Leave a comment:

• sailorsteph
    replied

Yeah had another read of the joining instructions its all paid for by SSTG just the allowance is paid monthly

Leave a comment:

• MEJG
    replied

i think the idea of first month is so you dont have a huge expense prior to pay day

Leave a comment:

• CharlieDelta
    replied

Clyde don't pay. Some companies seem to pay first month for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• dawg
    replied

AIUI, Clyde pay your accommodation; SSTG generally does (but may have one or two exceptions, like Northlink Ferries); Maersk (first month) and James Fisher pay some of your rent for a while (you reclaim it on expenses); Shell, BP, RFA, Viking/Chiltern/TH/London/Conway, JO Tankers, Carnival/Princess let you sort it out yourself. Dunno about Anglo Eastern, or Pritchard-Gordon. All of them require Phase 1 cadets to bunk up in a double room on campus.

It's roughly like that isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• CharlieDelta
    replied

I believe Steph is with SSTG so accomodation is paid directly by SSTG.

Leave a comment:

• alistairuk
    replied

Originally posted by sailorsteph
    If we are sponsored surely they will be paying Warsash directly for the accommodation? Other wise wouldn't they let us know if we had to pay for the first months rent, I think the money we get for the first month in arrears is the extra pay for lunch etc? And you get breakfast and evening meal included which is why it is ?93.50
    This depends on your company. Most require you to pay the college accommodation yourself out of your "sponsorship money".

Leave a comment:

• dawg
    replied

It's just my opinion based on what I've gathered outside this forum.

Leave a comment:

• Naaatan
    replied

Originally posted by nemo
    Generally speaking, there seems to be a correlation between the extent to which you are expected to sort yourself out, and the probability of a job at the end (from what I can see).
    Really? Is this just what you've gathered from people on here? Makes sense though if its true.

Leave a comment:

• MEJG
    replied

My deposit and first month is paid for, after that we have to sort it with WMA

Leave a comment:

• dawg
    replied

The sponsorship deals are not all the same.
    Some sponsors want to micromanage you and pay all your rent; some want to partially micromanage you and pay your rent for a while; and others give you a pile of cash and expect you to work it out yourself.
    Generally speaking, there seems to be a correlation between the extent to which you are expected to sort yourself out, and the probability of a job at the end (from what I can see).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X