X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uniform at Warsash

Hi everyone!

Hope you have had a splendid Christmas!

I received my Joining Instructions a week ago now, and have been slowly getting through all of it amidst my festive celebrations. I am now tackling uniform... as you might have guessed from the title of this thread.

My company has specified that I order item from SM Bass, and they are providing a number of items (jacket, pullover, tie etc.) from SM Bass. However, Warsash mentions that Miller Raynor Ltd is an alternative.

I am just wondering, whether the uniform/kit from either of these companies is distinctly different? I am only curious since Miller Raynor have a website that I can browse the items on but SM Bass do not.

Has anyone got any particular preference or favours one over the other?

I appreciate that many will think this is a rather trivial question, but I thought I would give it a go!

Happy New Year to you all!

No huge difference to be honest. Miller Rayner customer service is better, but at the end of the day it's the same sort of stuff. Also worth looking at Clyde Marine Uniforms too.
    sigpic
    Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Thanks CD!!

I didn't think there would be a significant difference, I just wanted to be sure before I ordered any number of items.

Thanks once again.

Comment

Sorry... final question!

With the white shirts, if one were to have some shirts for epaulettes but required cufflinks, would this be an issue?

Thanks again.

Comment

Couldn;t see it being a problem, though it's a bit unusual - pilot shirts tend to come with single cuffs.
          sigpic
          Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

I bought my shirts from a work wear supplier as it was cheaper. As long as they are fit for purpose then it doesn't matter where you buy them from, that goes for all your uniform

Comment

Sorry for changing the subject Chalky, but when's your start date just curious as to when I should hopefully expect joining instructions

Comment

Thanks for the response guys! Really helpful (as always!)

kirky1122 - I asked my company for my joining instructions early as I am out the country for the three weeks prior to my start date (27th of Jan). I simply asked that I was able to sort out all my things before I left rather than attempting to in the 24 hours I have between arriving in the UK and starting.

I believe that they are being sent out just after New Year, and mine were sent first class... so should be with you before the end of the first week of the year?

Hope this helps!

Comment

I start in Feb, I imagine the first week? So hopefully get them next week or so along with uniform, cheers!!

Comment

Chalky who is your sponcering company, just curious thanks
                    Phase 5 SPD engine cadet at city of Glasgow college. Doing a a combined motor and steam ticket.

Comment

Working...
                    X