ETO Book List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ETO Book List

Thought I would post this for future FD ETO's, you will definitely need 'Higher Engineering Mathematics by John Bird'

Will probably be easier picking up a cheap copy before you start or maybe second hand as its not cheap and you will need it after the first few weeks.

There will be more books we need so I will update it as we go along the course.

From memory, theres a fair few copies in the library at stc, not sure about Warsash.
    If youve studied As or A level maths theres not a lot more to learn.
    Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

I disagree that you will "definitely" need a certain maths book - maths books are pretty general and it all depends on personal preference - e.g. the Stroud Engineering Maths and Advanced Engineering Maths are also pretty good.

Tbh at STC the maths handouts for ETOs (certainly in phase 1) are pretty good and have lots of examples - obviously not sure what Warsash people get!

Comment

http://covers.dummies.com/applet_scripts/48213.png

Comment

First couple of days here, we got a email from our maths lecturer telling us we will all need 'Higher Engineering Mathematics by John Bird'. Handouts will be given to us for the first few weeks to make sure we have time to buy a copy.

There is some copies in the library but if somebody else also asks for a copy and there is none spare then you have to give the book back after a week's loan.

Comment

Thats dreadful. Try amazon for a used one, maths doesnt change much.
            Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

Working...
            X