Room sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Room sharing

Hello everyone, I'm starting at Warsash in september and I was wondering do they still make people share rooms? Got a friend at STC and they don't share, was wondering if they stopped it down in Warsash too.

If so, how many per room and how large are the rooms?

Warsaw is sharing - 2 per room

Comment

Originally posted by Burner View Post
      Hello everyone, I'm starting at Warsash in september and I was wondering do they still make people share rooms? Got a friend at STC and they don't share, was wondering if they stopped it down in Warsash too.

If so, how many per room and how large are the rooms?

There are single rooms but in Phase 1 it is 99% certain you will be sharing.

As for size - big enough. Guesstimate at 15-20m2?

Comment

Having a roommate is challenging yet very rewarding. It will also be good to get used to living with someone in a close quarters, seeing as thats exactly what you will be doing for the rest of your career

Comment

Originally posted by Squareleg28 View Post
          Warsaw is sharing - 2 per room
          I didn't know Warsaw had a housing crisis....
          I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

According to http://www.warsashacademy.co.uk/faci...esidences.aspx just over half the rooms are twins whilst the rest are singles.

The single rooms do cost more though, and will only leave you with 20 spending money a week if receiving 800pcm from sponsor company.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinBjerke View Post
              According to http://www.warsashacademy.co.uk/faci...esidences.aspx just over half the rooms are twins whilst the rest are singles.

The single rooms do cost more though, and will only leave you with 20 spending money a week if receiving 800pcm from sponsor company.
              The single rooms are generally saved for returning cadets on phases 3 and 5. I didn't know anyone on Phase 1 who had their own cabin.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinBjerke View Post
                Having a roommate is challenging yet very rewarding. It will also be good to get used to living with someone in a close quarters, seeing as thats exactly what you will be doing for the rest of your career
                As a cadet you are likely to end up sharing a cabin, especially on cruise ships. However, once qualified you get your own cabin!!

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

At Warsash you'll share in phase one, and you'll find it very difficult to get a room on campus for phase three. Shared rooms are kept for phase one cadets, and single rooms for phase five and international cadets.
                  sigpic
                  Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Originally posted by size4riggerboots View Post
                    However, once qualified you get your own cabin!!
                    I meant in general, living with a finite amount of people on a relatively "small" ship

Comment

Fairy nuff! Generally I find my cabin = sanctuary

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

Working...
                      X