Warsash Open Day June 29th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warsash Open Day June 29th

This may seem a daft question: I'm looking to apply for September 2013 and wondered if there was any point in going to the Warsash open day in June for me? On their open day website it says:
    "Are companies recruiting for this coming academic year?
    The companies will be looking to recruit potentially for January and September 2012."
    Is this meant to be 2013.....whilst I assume recruitment for this September will be ongoing.....surely not January??
    I ask as I live up in the North East near Middlesbrough and wonder if it is worth the journey if companies are only interested in 2012 applicants still. I would still like to go just to gain more information and talk to companies or will they not be interested with me because of going for September 2013?
    ....and I guess I'll get a day off college to go....! Still may cost me a few pennies to get there and back!
    What do you think? And are there any other 2013 aspiring cadets thinking of going in June? Thanks very much!
    All views are my own and not that of my employer/training company.

No silly questions!

It is always worth while going, just to see the campus and meet Cadets.

I went to the Warsash open day last year in June and thought it was excellent and really made me more confident about moving down there!

As for feeling like is be a waste of time going, I was helping at my companies stand during the January open day and people were asking about starting in September 2013!
    Last edited by Faust; 10 April 2012, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Hi Patrick! Most of the interviews for September 2012 are taking place around now. However it is always worth going to the open days as the people that you talk to there are the people that end up interviewing you at the companies, so it is good to get your name in there and meet them! Hope this helps a bit

Comment

Cheers guys, thought it was probably a daft question, just wanted to check it didnt annoy any companies looking for 2012. I'll definitely make the trip! Ex-Seafaring G'dad seem pretty keen on going down to look around too it would appear! :-)

Comment

It's a good day out to be honest, Warsash is a lovely area.

After the open day is finished, if you have time, take a walk around the village and sample the local pubs.

Comment

Always good to go to an open day. You'll get more information on what the career is like (aka early stage indoctrination) and you'll be a face to a name for recruiters when it comes to application time...
            I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Good to know, Il probably have something to eat in one then head home after! Is it easy enough by train to get there?

Comment

Not particularly to be honest.

Get a train to Swanwick then taxi it for the rest. Not sure how much a taxi from there is to be honest, I always flew home.

I think it is about 3 or 4 miles from Warsash, so shouldn't be that pricey.

Oh yeah... The Silver Fern is my favourite.

Comment

Okay, flying may not be a bad idea, i'll check out the Flybe Newcastle service. If not I'll drive, got to start on the motorways at some point I guess!
                  Thanks for your advice

-Even leaving my station at 7am wont get me to Swanwick until half one! That rules that one out!

Comment

Ahhh, Motorways are a breeze. I don't understand peoples fear of them!

If you are driving down parking will be a nightmare on the open day...

If you do fly, book in advance and use West Quay Taxis from the airport. Ask for a set price of ?20, anymore than that is a rip off.

I think FlyBE operate a Newcastle - Southampton service, not sure of the flight times mind you.

Comment

Just checked flights, times are good but will cost just under ?170 including the taxi's. Maybe worth driving and battling it out for a space and banking on the Government not telling everyone to fill Jerry Cans, Bin bags and their shoes with petrol again the fuel should be cheaper than the flight! Thanks again.

Comment

No problem, PM me if you need any more info.

Comment

Hi all, I'm thinking about going to the open day, I live in Wales, about 15 miles from Cardiff and I've heard it is a pest to get to there, I plan on traveling by train because I cannot drive any advise?

Comment

Originally posted by kirsty1994 View Post
                            Hi all, I'm thinking about going to the open day, I live in Wales, about 15 miles from Cardiff and I've heard it is a pest to get to there, I plan on traveling by train because I cannot drive any advise?
                            Train from Cardiff at 07:30 gets in at Swanwick at 10:32 with 1 change at Southampton.
                            Forum Admin

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X