Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open day

Hi all
    Is anyone planning on attending the warsash open day in June?
    If so give me a shout and maybe we could have an officer cadet gathering to meet people before we go maybe?
    Just an idea lol.

Re: Open day

I am a cadet at Warsash so I'll be there anyways =]

To boldly go.....
    Forum Administrator
    OfficerCadet.com

Comment

I thought about going but not sure. I mean, I've got my offer and should hopefully be going to Warsash anyway, but then might be nic to actually see the place before going.
      sigpic
      Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

lol, I'm sure you'll love it

To boldly go.....
        Forum Administrator
        OfficerCadet.com

Comment

I have too but it seems like it is aimed at people who have a place already so might go along for the fun of it

Comment

It's a good opportunity to get used to the college before you go, especially to ask some last min questions

To boldly go.....
            Forum Administrator
            OfficerCadet.com

Comment

The idiots, this is slap bang in the middle of my BRNC course! I have emailed her, and she invited me to on in jan, well hopefully il be there in sept i replied.
              Forum Admin

Comment

I suppose that that's the one that really matters

To boldly go.....
                Forum Administrator
                OfficerCadet.com

Comment

"The idiots, this is slap bang in the middle of my BRNC course!"

Open days have to be planned when facilities and staff are available - you would be annoyed if you travelled down to Warsash to find all of the workshops/simulators/equipment off-limits as courses are running, and all the staff too busy teaching to talk to you. It isn't possible to co-ordinate this with the personal availability of every group of potential cadets. I'm sorry that you won't be able to attend, but we're certainly not idiots.
                  Any opinions offered are mine and not necessarily those of my employer.

Comment

Yeah, I would have gone with "silly billies" myself.

I reckon the regulated nature of the RFAs military fetish camp might make it theoretically possible for Warsash to shift the dates to later on in the year (or maybe at either end of the Spring holiday - many unis have more than one open day)... but educational establishments are bureaucratic places and there are always vested interests that prevent what seem like common sense decisions from being made - usually to do with staff wanting to take most of their holiday time in the late summer, I'll warrant; and maybe also to do with things like routine maintenance; new building work; renting out facilities to corporate outfits for a bit of sucky****y fi' dorra.

Having said that, I don't see there's much point in RFAers going on an open day - the point of an open day is to have a sniff about around a few institutions to see which you prefer; but as an RFA cadet, they don't have any choice, so why bother?!
                    Emeritus Admin & Founding Member

Comment

Due to the range of courses, phases and multiple annual intakes, Warsash operates almost all year round - not like a normal university faculty where teaching finishes mid May, and restarts in late September. We actually open and teach over more weeks of the year than state secondary schools. The cadets normally have a 4 week break over August, when all the Professional Studies lecturers usually take their leave (we can't normally take leave during term time, for obvious reasons). Over this time, the bulk of the annual maintentance/upgrades/building works are completed. This unfortunately limits the opportunities to run open day events. If anyone really wants to look around, and can't make the open day, then contact WMA directly, and we may be able to make alternative arrangements for you to have a look round and talk to the staff.
                      Any opinions offered are mine and not necessarily those of my employer.

Comment

Thanks for the information UK_academic.
                        sigpic
                        Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

It's cool to have so many people in the know on here

To boldly go.....
                          Forum Administrator
                          OfficerCadet.com

Comment

I'm definitely attending

Comment

Open day tomorry guys. Anyone who spots me get's a prize

To boldly go.....
                              Forum Administrator
                              OfficerCadet.com

Comment

Working...
                              X