Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sailing at Warsash

Hi all,

So I attended the open day a month or so ago and apparently as students we can rent a yacht for a fiver per half day from the watersports centre... Problem is although I can sail a dinghy forwards and upside down I'm not sure they'd let just anyone loose with the yachts. Does anyone hold a Day Skipper qualification (or above) and fancy getting involved in a bit of sailing at the weekends etc? I'll supply the beers if you supply the skills!

Cheers,

Dud

Originally posted by DudHooper View Post
    Hi all,

So I attended the open day a month or so ago and apparently as students we can rent a yacht for a fiver per half day from the watersports centre... Problem is although I can sail a dinghy forwards and upside down I'm not sure they'd let just anyone loose with the yachts. Does anyone hold a Day Skipper qualification (or above) and fancy getting involved in a bit of sailing at the weekends etc? I'll supply the beers if you supply the skills!

Cheers,
    Dud
    Hi Dud,
    RU Deck or Engine? don't know if this helps. I'm at RYA Stage 4 Dink and I hope to be getting my RYA Powerboat Level 2 (Planing & Displacement) Cert' this Weekend, R U Sept intake ?

Comment

Hey,
      I'm FD deck and yeah starting in September. Sure that'll help, we'll have to go see about the requirements with them when term starts.

Comment

Useful linky:

http://www.solent.ac.uk/watersports/home.aspx
        sigpic
        Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

All I have is my RYA Lvl 2 Powerboat - Coastal . Hoping to do a few more courses down at Warsash this September considering the brilliant discount you get as a cadet.

Comment

Hi all,
            I also have RYA power level 2-costal but hopfully topping up to Saftey boat when i start, and RYA sailing stage 1 but would really like to get into sailing again and get higher so if anyone is good at training .
            Thanks

Comment

hi im starting in setpember and am a assistant sailing instructer, power level 2 coastal, rowing instructer and a compatant crew for yachting with half a day skipper so should be able to help if you need

Comment

Hi there I got my yacht masters if that helps? Hopefully starting in September 2014 and well up for some sailing

Comment

Hey I got my yacht masters assessment this august so hopefully I can help out!!

Comment

Sweet! Good luck! Where is your assessment and who with?

Comment

Mines down Severn river and Lydney yacht club but an Rya assessor is coming down

Comment

If you're doing your yachtmaster assessment, then I assume you already have your Day Skipper? In which case you'll be fine to take out the keelboats. Level 2 sailing plus a safety boat driver is required for dinghy sailing

Comment

This sounds like a lot of fun, I also don't have a day skipper but really want to go out sailing in September. I'm sure we'll all get the chance to chat properly during the first week!

Comment

Working...
                          X