• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: University of Plymouth

what years are you guys in?
    Sent using advanced stick technology.

Comment

Me and Cat have just finished our 2nd year. I start my seatime on a Tall ship tomorrow and Cat is going on a ferry in a couple of weeks. It's been a slow start to our year away but it seems to be picking up now. I'm sure we'll see you in your 2nd year when we're back!

Comment

regarding navalmar read through this. theres alot of waffle but just read it ok.
        http://www.deck-officer.info/forum/view ... c&start=15
        then there is also this though
        http://www.deck-officer.info/forum/view ... t=navalmar
        Maybe I will never be
        All the things that I want to be
        But now is not the time to cry
        Now's the time to find out why

Comment

cool well will be good to see you in person - my cousin paul brown is in his 3rd year i think, and a friend of mine (joe bowry) is just starting his second.

Comment

Originally posted by turnbats
            cool well will be good to see you in person - my cousin paul brown is in his 3rd year i think, and a friend of mine (joe bowry) is just starting his second.
            aaaah cool, yeah Paul is in our year, Cat is quite close to him hahahaha

Comment

haha

Comment

Northern ha ha very funny

Comment

Why won't sponsors send you to Plymouth. I have had sveral interviews with sponsors who only use other colleges but not Plymouth although it is streets ahead of other places on paper. I also was offered a place.

Comment

Its probably the cost SSTG send to Plymouth the fees are ?3225.00 so alot more than a Nautical College

Comment

from what im hearing it seems like a good place. Im looking forward to it!

Comment

hurrah its all confirmed!

Comment

what is the accomodation like with SAMS?

Comment

Hello all,

I just had my place confirmed for September last week

@Irishboy, Here's a long answer... The university accommodation department are planning to put all FdSc Marine Studies students together in one house. The house SAMS showed me on Trematon Terrace last week, which may not be the final house, was fairly decent. All the rooms are good sized double rooms with beds, desks and wardrobes with all bills included. Everything seemed to be in good nick but nothing to write home about. This house was right near Mutley Plain, which as far as I can tell (I'd never been to Plymouth), is supposed to be the hub of student nightlife and has plenty of local cornershops and the like. All in all, it was ?88pw.

SAMS said they still hadn't gotten final confirmation from the landlord that they wanted to go ahead with the 6 months lease so you could end up with a completely different house. They assured me that any other house would be of similar standard or higher for the same price.

For me it was a little too pricey (and risky) when I'm offered ?100pw for accommodation and food, that only leaves ?12pw for food so I did my own house hunting and found a decent room in shared house off Lipson Road. If you want to go down this route feel free to PM me for some contacts etc.

Comment

Originally posted by thisisnotapseudonym
                              Hello all,

I just had my place confirmed for September last week

@Irishboy, Here's a long answer... The university accommodation department are planning to put all FdSc Marine Studies students together in one house. The house SAMS showed me on Trematon Terrace last week, which may not be the final house, was fairly decent. All the rooms are good sized double rooms with beds, desks and wardrobes with all bills included. Everything seemed to be in good nick but nothing to write home about. This house was right near Mutley Plain, which as far as I can tell (I'd never been to Plymouth), is supposed to be the hub of student nightlife and has plenty of local cornershops and the like. All in all, it was ?88pw.

SAMS said they still hadn't gotten final confirmation from the landlord that they wanted to go ahead with the 6 months lease so you could end up with a completely different house. They assured me that any other house would be of similar standard or higher for the same price.

For me it was a little too pricey (and risky) when I'm offered ?100pw for accommodation and food, that only leaves ?12pw for food so I did my own house hunting and found a decent room in shared house off Lipson Road. If you want to go down this route feel free to PM me for some contacts etc.
                              hello,

They sorted it out so they did. It is a house with a group called Plymouth Letting Agency, a 6 month contract. 375pm. I also have a ?100pw accomodation allowance, but are you not also getting money on top of that from your company?

Comment

Good to hear they got everything sorted Yep, I'm getting an allowance on top of what the ?100pw but it aint all that much and I like to live a lavish lifestyle

Comment

Working...
                                X