Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• short courses

Can you do short courses in Plymouth?

I could only find the undergraduate degrees on the website.
    Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Yes, you can. I have done the following short courses at Plymouth:

Personal Survival Techniques
    Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
    Elementary First Aid
    Personal Safety and Social Responsibility
    GMDSS GOC

The only one that we actually have to travel some distance would be for Proficiency in fast rescue boats.

Most of these are done through the university diving center and Camels head fire station.
    "Knowledge is gained through experience and experience is just another name for our mistakes" - Albert Einstein/Oscar Wilde
    "Choose a career that you really enjoy and you will never have to work a single day in life."

Experience with Container, General Cargo and Cruise vessels.

Comment

Tanker familiarisation?
      Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
        Tanker familiarisation?
        Not sure about that one, the tanker cadets were sent up to Glasgow for that - could have been to do with the company.

Try calling up the University, maybe they will be able to help.
        "Knowledge is gained through experience and experience is just another name for our mistakes" - Albert Einstein/Oscar Wilde
        "Choose a career that you really enjoy and you will never have to work a single day in life."

Experience with Container, General Cargo and Cruise vessels.

Comment

That's done at Warsash I think?
          I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Cheers everyone - Did some more internet browsing and it turns out that Lowestoft College runs the most tanker courses in the summer. The main marine schools are all on summer holidays.

Comment

The fire course at plmouth used to be amazing as it was done at HMS Raleigh. They since switched and now use camels head - great guys... But it seemed we did more practical fire fighting on our basic ff course at Raleigh than on the advanced course at camels.
              Sent using advanced stick technology.

Comment

Working...
              X