Is it worth taking my Uniform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth taking my Uniform?

I know we don't need it for the lectures and such but will I need it at any other time before my first sea phase. I was planning on taking it but space in the car is becoming scarce.

As i've said before we shouldn't need it. I'm not taking mine down so you'll not be alone
    "We're not pirates, We're preemptive nautical salvage experts"

Comment

If you really want to take it with you and if there isn't much room in the car you could wear it there? That's what I will be doing, well not with my uniform - but another suit. First 2 minutes of meeting someone are apparently when the most important impressions are made - but then again we did meet at the interview. So when I come in wearing a beige suit with trainers on, please don't automatically think I am a posh snob. I am sure you won't. Hopefully it may send a message to the monkeys at that establishment we are all having trouble with that I do not want to be messed around...

Reasons for wearing a suit there :

- I find it more comfortable
      - So it's not in creases when you get there
      - When travelling people pay more attention and treat you with a little bit more respect.

I was amazed on the last journey down there! Those dreaded "ticket machines" - (we don't have them in Scotland). As usual staff are there just in case, on the way down I was wearing a suit. One member of staff jumped up and asked for my ticket and opened the gate for me! On the way back, I decided to wear casual cloths. Same member of staff at the gate, didn't even look at me. So it does make a difference.
      "Knowledge is gained through experience and experience is just another name for our mistakes" - Albert Einstein/Oscar Wilde
      "Choose a career that you really enjoy and you will never have to work a single day in life."

Experience with Container, General Cargo and Cruise vessels.

Comment

[QUOTE=bryan_s;38650]You wore an expensive suit then I take it? QUOTE]

Well yes and no, it was only a few months old. Brand new it would cost about ?150, but good old Mum managed to find it in a charity shop for ?10.
        "Knowledge is gained through experience and experience is just another name for our mistakes" - Albert Einstein/Oscar Wilde
        "Choose a career that you really enjoy and you will never have to work a single day in life."

Experience with Container, General Cargo and Cruise vessels.

Comment

Just spoke to Bev and she said it may be an idea to take my safety boots and overalls. I thought I'd let you guys know.

Comment

Working...
          X