Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting South Tyneside in September. General questions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are going to the County may I recommend drinking Stones, it's the only pub in Shields that I know has it, and has been serving it for all of my 25+ years at sea, never been ill with that!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If you can't laugh, you shouldn't have joined!!

Comment

Originally posted by Silvertop View Post
      If you are going to the County may I recommend drinking Stones, it's the only pub in Shields that I know has it, and has been serving it for all of my 25+ years at sea, never been ill with that!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      At first I thought you meant the ginger wine! Never heard of Stones beer, so I Googled it only to discover that a load of people claiming it gives them the squits! Apparently it's vile stuff

Comment

I recommend a bag of hairibo sugar free gummi Bears :-)
        “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

– Mark Twain
        myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Originally posted by alistairuk View Post
          I recommend a bag of hairibo sugar free gummi Bears :-)
          Nah, the Tang-fastics give you a good run for your money
          "We have encountered an enemy square! The most deadly of all the quadrilaterals!" ~ EfffingController
          First of all, I'm not Scottish! I'm Drunk!

Comment

I'd recommend the bars near the ferry landing if you're looking for good pubs, the Steamboat is my favorite (CAMRA bar of the year 3 years running), and there's also Allam House and the riverside for the young'uns
            “...the sea's only gifts are harsh blows and, occasionally, the chance to feel strong. Now, I don't know much about the sea, but I do know that that's the way it is here. And I also know how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong but to feel strong, to measure yourself at least once, to find yourself at least once in the most ancient of human conditions, facing blind, deaf stone alone, with nothing to help you but your own hands and your own head...”

- Primo Levi

Comment

Sorry! when do you guys start?

Comment

10th September

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X