X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefy
    replied
    Re: Joining Instructions

black or grey trousers (proper school ones ;0 )
    White shirt, tie (normally company one or black)
    Blazer, black or navy blue with company badge on pocket (if company do them)
    I think wholley pulleys are alowed been a while though!

Hasnt changed in about 10000000 years

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied

I've not had any instructions throuigh yet. For those that have, did they mention anything about wearing uniform in college, and what that consists of etc.

Leave a comment:

• Martyboy
    replied

yeee, i'm making a point of taking my stuff down on the train instead of getting a lift, just so I know when i need to head home before sea I can pack up my room and be on the move eailsy

Leave a comment:

• Beef1992
    replied

i guess when your phase is up your room will go to the people starting then as there is a march intake. so it looks like you will be lugging your Stuff back home

Leave a comment:

• Big-Brows
    replied

I heard from Carnival today and the starter packs are currently going to print, so should hopefully have everything I need for the end of the month

BB

Leave a comment:

• manta2010
    replied

When you begin your sea time, what happens to your room? I dont suppose they pay full board if your not going to even be there!

Leave a comment:

• MEJG
    replied

With Maersk they pay for first month and deposit... then it's outta your money!

Leave a comment:

• Martyboy
    replied

A few drinks to flush out the last of the money you had so you can begin your poor student lifestyle Cant wait and um......... I dunno if Maersk are kindly dealing with all the forms but I just got handed a blue bookie thing with maps of the college etc in it.

Leave a comment:

• Chiefy
    replied

Originally posted by yorkylad
    Then it's usually off to the pub for a few.
    Only a few? And you call yourself an engineer cadet? Pffftttttt
    Last man standing call an amulance..or taxi

Leave a comment:

• yorkylad
    replied

The scientific calculator is probably for the test you do on the first day, its mainly maths and is used to split you into your groups. Its nothing to worry about and you will never find out your score.

You arrive the Sunday to check into your lovely new home for however many months your there, then about 6pm you get an induction into the halls. Basically they tell you what you can and can't do. Then it's usually off to the pub for a few.

Leave a comment:

• manta2010
    replied

I got mine yersterday, filled them out just a bit ago. Some of it very confusing I thought! Did anyone notice that you need a scientific calculator on the first day of registration with the college?

My instructions say I need to be at Dr Winterbottom Hall on the 5th September (a Sunday), after 14:00 for accomidation registration, the course itself doesnt start until the 6th September at 09:00 (L Block lecture theater).

Leave a comment:

• Beef1992
    replied

i have finally received mine today. lots of information and forms to fill out

Leave a comment:

• thomaslambert
    replied

i still havnt had mine.

Leave a comment:

• Beef1992
    replied

anyone recieved theres yet ?

Leave a comment:

• Martyboy