Not long now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not long now!

Not long now eh 4 weeks tomorrow its fairly came in haha everyone sorted for starting?

I have a few last things to sort then I just gotta pack haha

Anyone nervous? it hasn't sunk for me yet am moving all the way down there and out the parents house
    Be what you want to be not what other people tell you to be
    Adapt and over come
    Careers At Sea Ambassador

I have to admit I've become slightly nervous over the past few days , but at the same time I'm very pleased to finally be starting my career...it's always been my interest and being here now feels slightly surreal!

Like you though it still hasn't sunk in properly

Comment

You'll enjoy it, don't worry.

Comment

After the first week you'll feel like you've been there forever, don't worry!
        sigpic
        Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Getting there on the first day is a shock to the system but you will fit in in no time, plus theres hair and beauty girls for eye candy :P

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieDelta View Post
            you'll feel like you've been there forever, don't worry!
            Hopefully that's a good thing!

Comment

Don't worry; when you look back, it seems like it's gone very quickly. Feels like only a short time ago I was driving down the road into WMA for the first time, but it's been about 11 months!
              sigpic
              Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

I have to be honest I really am looking forward to it...I suppose now my ticket seems a long way away, but as you say the time quickly passes! I'm just glad to finally be at the stage where I'm joining...it's felt like a long time in waiting

Comment

I'm really looking forward to it but also am pretty nervous. Although I'm quite an adventurous person I have never been to newcastle before, and its a good 6/7 hour drive away from my house so its gonna be a shock, but everyone will be in the same boat (excuse the pun) so I hope we'll be settled in asap and get down to business.

Comment

Trust me, you're going to love it!
                    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

i was feeling nervous but had a great induction/interview day with Gulf offshore (my potential sponsors) and that made me less nervous and more excited. im glad i applied to them as i know not every company does an induction interview, and even if i dont get them as my company i still had the chance to get shown a vessel and an in depth talk about what goes on before actually going to college. plus they seem like an EXCELLENT company

Comment

I had a similar thing with my company. They had a day for us to go onboard ship, and just generally get the feel of the company (Seatruck Ferries), which I thought was really nice. I'm extremely happy with my choice, and a lot more comfortable now knowing that when I start my sea time, I'm not going into something totally 'foreign'

Comment

Well it has gone from months to weeks pretty quick and will soon go onto days before we start haha seems like yestarday the letter came in saying we would like to offer you a place and now I am sorting my stuff to move down :P cant wait but also still not sunk in STILL
                          Be what you want to be not what other people tell you to be
                          Adapt and over come
                          Careers At Sea Ambassador

Comment

Originally posted by RNR View Post
                            plus theres hair and beauty girls for eye candy :P
                            I've heard that too lol. lots of lasses all over the place.

If if makes you feel any better Stronglead, I haven't even began to pack or organise anything lol it hasnt sank in for me yet either lol

I'm working up to the very last day at my other job then meeting everyone on saturday the 4th for a p*ssup

Anyone recommend any good pubs in shields? local of course

Comment

You're already beginning to sort stuff out to move down..

I haven't even had the medical yet! I only found out last week that I'd been offered a place!

How long did it take ya'll to sort out everything from the point when you were offered a place? I have 3 weeks left and have only just started filling out the discharge book form/US visa forms, am I making good time or am I going to crash and burn and not have everything sorted by the starting date?

Comment

Working...
                              X