Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does South Tyneside have a passing out ceremony?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does South Tyneside have a passing out ceremony?

I've been wondering this since I started in Feb as I saw no evidence of cadets passing out, although I have heard they do in Warsash. If South Tyneside don't, what is the typical event for when you finish?

I really cant see it, having just turned the auditorium into the canteen, they dont really have a practical space for it and everyone getting dressed up seems a bit unlikely.

If they do however i might have another pressing engagement the same night.
    you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

I know that the foundation degree have a graduation ceremony as my flatmate has just graduated but thats about it

Comment

In Warsash my years one was organised by the students, so it is upto you guy if your want a ceremony! I'm sure the college would approve if you put the effort in! We hired out part of the Southampton Guild Hall for the event. Although I didn't end up going, big regret, due to girlfriend issues at the time (having one ).

Comment

Glasgow has a "graduation" which my sponsor ordered/forced me to attend. For us it was a waste of time, yes we have nice pictures of us all in gowns but we didn't graduate from anything. Plus the speaker was the Indian Consul in Edinburgh was only interested in the Indian students....

It was a waste of a morning!
          I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Yes, they do, this years was about 3 weeks ago
            Life at sea is a life for me

Comment

Ah thanks for the info Brimbo, what is the typical procedure for the passing out? What sort of uniform is worn?

Comment

Typical square hat and robe, its ?40 to rent or so for the evening, though its not held at the college, this years was at the local leisure park

Comment

Does this apply even if its the HNC course?

Comment

Applies to every marine student course,FD,HNC,HNC

Comment

Ahh that is good to know, I know its a longish time off as were just in phase 2 but it would of been nice to be told the what generally happens when you finish by the college itself.

Comment

Working...
                      X