Freshers week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freshers week?

Do we have a freshers week in september?

If so what's in it as I cant imagine it being like at university, considering we're being paid to train..

Would be nice though to kick back in newcastle and have a really good time for a week

there wasnt anything last year, there was a couple of days of college induction to sit through before the classes really kicked off, not sure when Northumbria Uni has theres since the college is partnered with it you would be eligible to attend. Really some of the people going back for phase three should organise a beer and paintball day for each class, the people who now think they know it all murdering the people who still have hope, hmmmm maybe not.
    you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

Ah right thats a shame, as we've got to start at 9 everymorning, most people will probably just be going out at weekends etc.

although its probably better if you want to save some money haha

Comment

There wasn't anything when I started in Jan either, to be honest with the amount you get paid you wouldn't be able to go out every night anyway. I just managed to cover rent, expenses, going out at weekend and to the pub mid-week and that left me with moths in my wallet ha.

Comment

Originally posted by RNR View Post
          and that left me with moths in my wallet ha.
          Later on you will learn how to live for a week off a moth!

Comment

Ray Mears style

Comment

The wings make great soup.
              sigpic
              Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

I'd say ?600 a month is alot really, especially as its all expendable as expenses are paid!

Comment

Yeah but not everyone is in that same situation, firstly lots of people are left to fend for themselves for the first month getting paid at the end of it, so that leaves ?440 for the halls, ?100 deposit, some uniform books and stuff, so out of 700 quid your getting close to having very little for extra activites, and whilst not everyone has so little but if its an orgainsed event for your class its only fair to make sure that the poorest paid can still attend otherwise your at the very start making a crap division.

Comment

ETwhat is right, we started on the 14th of Feb and didn't get paid until something like the 28th, meaning we had to find ?440 for halls, ?100 for deposit, ?20 pounds for petrol money, ?40 for various bits of uniform and spending money on top of that for the first month.

Comment

Working...
                    X