Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STC Joining instructions

Hey all,

Got a nice blue booklet on STC and the halls today read through most of it.

Was wondering how good the irons are there as I have been to places if you put it on your nice new white shirt it wouldn't be white by the time your finished, I have a spare here that I could take and use in the proper areas and thoughts anyone?

Plus the 7 Day bed breakfast and dinner option has gone up to ?112 a week from ?110 just so you know ?16 for a single night

Thanks
    SL
    Be what you want to be not what other people tell you to be
    Adapt and over come
    Careers At Sea Ambassador

I brought my own iron, the idea of having to go to reception and get one didnt appeal (and i had one anyway) so i dont know about the halls ones i wouldsay if youve one that works bring it also a spare ironing board cover wouldnt be a bad idea ours was rathr manky but didnt stain anything so we didnt do anything about it.

thats not too unreasonable an increase given everything going on in the world, and hopefully by now the new bathrooms will be finished
    you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

thanks for the info

yeah its not to bad just thought I would put it up just so people wanting to know would know and not mistake the price on the older info
      Adapt and over come

Comment

Been a while since I stayed at Dr Winterbottom, don't miss the place or the food haha

Comment

haha ave been to HMS Raleigh for a week with cadets now thats food I don't miss haha
          Adapt and over come

Comment

Won't lie to you mate, the food is beyond terrible. There are irons in the utility rooms, plus I'm not sure why they have put the price up, ?110 is too expensive for what you get anyway in my opinion.

Comment

?110 is definitely a rip off in my opinion, for the quality of food and accomodation you get there! ?70 would be more reasonable
              Life at sea is a life for me

Comment

Unfortunately the price isnt going to change however the food might improve when the new canteen is finished, and hopefully the blue books that they have printed for this year have the correct meal times in them.

Comment

The new refectory was completed about 2 and a half weeks ago, the food remains the same, and this new refectory has no clock, or TV ! waste of ?1 million if you ask me !
                  Life at sea is a life for me

Comment

The Tv i wouldnt really miss, but a clock seems a bit short sighted given how they expect people to be on time,

The food remains the same and i would guess that the attitude of the people serving you wont have changed a whole heap, on the plus side the food on ships is going to be better (generally) and its only the first phase your going to be there for

Comment

yeah I think I will look at there list of other acom after hearing that haha thanks guys I will hold my nose and eat it quickly
                      Adapt and over come

Comment

The halls are handy, and help with the whole social bonding thing, the food will keep you alive and ive had worse on holiday. Consider it a right of passage like being sent for a long stand, kissing a fish as you cross the line and thinking those are the biggest waves you have ever seen (that one keeps happening to you for a few years unless of course you do it properly on the first trip)

Comment

The food isn't as bad as people make out. Its not great by any standards but ye, as said above.. it'll keep you alive. As far as an iron goes.... Asda sell irons for like ?6 Save the room in ur bag

Comment

Dr Winterbottom did some great pork spare ribs in a Chinese style sauce (out of a packet granted, and frozen from Iceland (if iceland existed then)) ?but they used to be my favourite.
                            The queue for food not so good.
                            This has nothing to do with irons sorry..!

Comment

Working...
                            X