SSTG - Global Marine Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSTG - Global Marine Systems

Just want to find out, who starts on Sept '11? With the company G.M.S.?

I know there are 12 cadets for ETO Cadetship. Can u get in touch,

South Tyneside College ONLY.

Cheers Guys/Gals,
    Chris

Re: SSTG - Global Marine Systems

Which college are you going to Ratrodr?

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

Hey there bud. I am one of the 12. Are you doing the ETO course with GMS?

Comment

Yes I am. Just got the offer letter today. Need to go for my medical. Have you done yours yet? Just I don't wear glasses but i should cause i'm short sighted but not severely...should I go and get prescription glasses before i do the test? What do guys you think?

Comment

Umm, general rule of thumb applies....if you can't see things very well, glasses have been shown to assist!

Comment

I wear glasses for short sightedness and to be honest I probably wouldn't have passed the distance vision without them. If you feel you need them then get a pair
            "We're not pirates, We're preemptive nautical salvage experts"

Comment

Cheers guys for getting back in touch so quickly! Got my opticians appointment set for tomorrow. Just need to book the ENG1 test now...hopefully for Monday.

Comment

yea bud. Did my medical. It was ok. Just general stuff like color blind test etc. I am short sighted and had to to do vision test with contacts in and out. So best to get some glasses. But eng1 aint so scart. Just urine test etc. btw u hears anyting bout july? Apparantly gms want all 12 cadetes up for sum rov course.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Comment

Haven't heard a thing yet. They said I need to hand my ENG1 in first then they will sort out the other details...college dates and stuff. Ordered my new glasses today, ?168!!!!! shocked.

ROV course would be interesting. When I was playing around with it, I almost crashed the little VideoRay at full speed into a wall. Apparently I stopped centimetres away. The guy who was watching proper panicked lol

Everyone else seemed alright with the ROVs though. The big 22 Tonne ones were really cool, something like TRANSFORMERS! lol

Keep me up-to-date. Cheers.

Comment

?168 is not that bad. Wait until you get looking at prescription sunnies. Got a quote for some oakleys the other day and nearly fainted at the price
                    "We're not pirates, We're preemptive nautical salvage experts"

Comment

Originally posted by Ash
                      Got a quote for some oakleys the other day and nearly fainted at the price
                      In general the price of Oakleys make me feel faint.

Comment

Does anyone know the start date for college? Also does anyone have any up-to-date pictures? Want to see what type of room I will be living in

Mod note- moved topic to relevant subforum

Comment

Does anyone else know about this ROV thing? Just cause i need to notify work so I can leave lol

Comment

i've got some photos of the CS Sovereign from our class trip, didn't see any cabins though. It had a bar, small gym, nice looking dining area, fiendly captain.

Unfortunately my internet is a bit dodgy at sea so if you want to see them you better add me as a facebook friend, I'm friends with CD and MEJG, or PM me for my email.
                            Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

Eyup, I have an offer on the table for a cadetship with GMS for the January 2012 intake...Just wondering what all you guys think about a potential cadetship with this company would be like...It wasn't my first choice, but they seem like a very good technical company, and the fact that they use Dynamic Positioning is abit of a perk i would say...

Comment

Working...
                              X