• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Tyneside College September 2019

Whos at STC starting September 2019?

I'm on FD Marine Engineering sponsored by MSC Cruises

Moving into halls although I live half an hour away... ensuite self catered

Hello DJK, also attending STC in September.

Moving into an ensuite as Im travelling from Merseyside.

Sponsored by a tanker company studying a HNC Deck cadetship.

What are your plans, likewise?

Also. where are you getting your uniform from? thanks .

Comment

Hi Apples, I am yet to sort accommodation but will be very soon! Hoping for en-suite non catered. I am studying a FD sponsored by a cruise line!

Comment

Hello DJK. What FD are you studying? I am also attending with Cruise Ship sponsor as a ETO Cadet, FD.

Comment

Hi PrincessETO, I am studying marine engineering! Have you sorted out accommodation?

Comment

DJK I am local so will be living at home. What company and profession are you going into?

Comment

I live 45 minutes away roughly. Hopefully with MSC cruises as an engineer

Comment

Anyone been told where to get uniform.

Comment

Your sponsor should provide you with uniform or money towards it for both college and sea phases, that’s what I’ve heard Atleast...

anyone going to stc my Instagram is krxm3r

Comment

Hi all, I am joining in September on the HNC in Marine Engineering.

??????

Comment

Djk the company are providing the the essentials such as boiler suits, boots, helmet but are providing at uniform allowance for the rest.

Comment

I had a look at runway27 for fitted shirts,black trousers just from M&S, haha and look at clydemarine store or sstg store for jumpers company should give you a tie I think

Comment

Yeah thanks, looking at pilot fitted shirts.

Comment

I'll be starting a HND Deck course at STC in September, sponsored by a bulk carrier company. I grew up just on the other side of the river to South Shields (...North Shields), about 15 minutes away from the college so I'll be more than happy to help anyone who isn't from around here to get settled.

As for uniforms, I was given a uniform ordering sheet by my sponsor on which I just have to fill in my sizes and address and they'll send everything I need out to me. It seems that the clothing company they use is Clyde Uniforms. They sent me a STC accommodation application form and told me to sort that out sooner rather than later to avoid disappointment so I've managed to get that sorted out with the type of room I preferred as well.

Comment

Robb0216, nice to meet another Deck cadet. Any ideas of any good places to go out?

Comment

Working...
                              X