September 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 2011

I thought we should get a roll call going for September 2011. Maybe it's too early to start this but, meh, I'm excited

Alex, FD, CMT.

My choices were CalMac, Imperial Shipping and Dole. Not too bothered who I get though really.

So... anyone else starting in September?
    I may be wrong, but I believe "diversity," to be an old, old wooden ship,
    used during the civil war era.

Re: September 2011

Deano, FD, SSTG (Boston-Putford)

Will be starting in September should observation trip/interview go well!
    Luck......Preperation times Opportunity.

Comment

Names Duncan

Company - Maersk HND Engine

Not had full info yet but i think its STC i will be at
      Be what you want to be not what other people tell you to be
      Adapt and over come
      Careers At Sea Ambassador

Comment

Hi, Im at STC now, started at the beginning of the week. The HND deck course is good when you get through all the enrolement stuff. The halls arn't in the best state but I guess thats all part of the fun? I'm with Clyde and put Regent, Dole and Wilhelmsen as my choices and got Wilhelmson (which I am very happy about). If you have any questions about the course or the college/town etc feel free to ask me!

Comment

Hey RNR. I could think of 1000 questions to ask you, but i'll keep it brief.

How many hours are you in college per week? Is it just standard Monday-Friday stuff?

As for the town, I already know a lot about it. I'm from North Shields I still haven't decided whether I'll just stay living at home instead of moving too the accommodation. (Would Clyde/STC be OK with that?) It would be rather apt to travel to college by ferry every morning.

Now, my advice to you! During your stay on Tyneside make sure you get a night out planned to Whitley Bay. Tricky for a South Shield-er, but definitely worth it.
          I may be wrong, but I believe "diversity," to be an old, old wooden ship,
          used during the civil war era.

Comment

On the Fd engine.
            Inuduction week 9am-3pm Monday to friday
            Induction weeks 1-6. 9am-4.30 Monday to friday
            October until Christmas 9am-4.30 Monday to friday
            Jan to March 9am-4.30 monday to Wednesday
            9am-12.15 Thursday-Friday

Phase 2 is apparently half the time

Whats so good about whitley then ? must do a night out before i leave
            Maybe I will never be
            All the things that I want to be
            But now is not the time to cry
            Now's the time to find out why

Comment

BanterMan - Our college time varies day to day, we start at 9 every day monday to friday and finish at the latest half 4. We spend one day a week (from 9 till about half 4) at the Marine Training Centre where they do sea survival and on Friday we finish about 3 which is good. A mate on my course lives in Jarrow and Clyde said he has got to live in the halls for the first month but he might move back to his after this. Cheers for the Whitley Bay advice, might go out there sometime this month! I'd heard Sunderland was ok also.

Beef, how are you finding it here? Not met loads of people on other courses yet but would def be good to! Spent tonight at the quiz night in Club 1851, was quite impressed!

Comment

Its been alright cant wait to get too sea , 4weeks Its really Great the banter is good , pranks are good . Halls are Gash . Forgot it was wednesday too busy with this assignment to head down. Sure you will get to meet people saying that theres not many of you Janurary folk
                Maybe I will never be

Comment

4 other people in my class mate, we've all made a pretty tight group though, plus two from Oman coming next week. Aye the halls are all part of the fun though, what block you in? You eat in the refractory? I'll look out for you!

Comment

see for the halls do you still pay for the halls or is it not charged for that month?
                    Be what you want to be not what other people tell you to be
                    Adapt and over come
                    Careers At Sea Ambassador

Comment

Originally posted by RNR
                      You eat in the refractory? I'll look out for you!
                      Must be bloody hot in there!!

Comment

Stronglead - I paid the full ?440 for the month out of my own account a day or two after I arrived here. As I understand it, Clyde will pay me next week for the following month (rent and spending money), carrying on like that and the original ?440 I will get back off Clyde just before I go to sea around July time.

Steamer - hahahha!! I meant refectory, although we always called it a canteen round Manchester way :P

Comment

RNR - you've got to check out Trocs on Friday night, cheap drinks before you move on down ther street
                          Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

Yes Trocs the legendary place . DId you go to the xfactor party they had were every drink was ?1 didnt make much difference mind and its usally that price anyway.

I live the Land of E block . yeh keep an eye out im the 6ft 7 guy with the skinhead i wish i had hair .

Regarding the Halls fees i wouldnt know as my Sponsor does that for me

And it is a CANTEEN not A REFECTORY . Just silly NE people using that word to Spruce up there lifes
                            Maybe I will never be

Comment

If it's anything like Warsash it will be more like a Botulism infection point

Comment

Working...
                              X