No announcement yet.

Accommodation Costs for 1st Month (CMT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accommodation Costs for 1st Month (CMT)

DELETED - no longer a member.

Re: Accommodation Costs for 1st Month (CMT)

Do CMT give you a part payment of wages before you go to college?
    Some companies used to do that before you started so that you had some cash in the bank, effectively it was 'free money' as you didn't have to do anything to earn it.

Comment

DELETED - no longer a member.

Comment

Originally posted by Geordie
        Hi Guys, Girls, Chiefs and Masters.

I'm starting at STC in January 2001 with Clyde Marine Training. I'm a little concerned about the accommodation costs for the 1st month, as the STC website states that Dr W's Halls 'License Fee' (rent etc) must be paid 4-weekly in advance.

HELP! How did you all manage?
        I recommend using your time machine to obtain the lottery numbers for next week and pay for it that way...
        '... English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't
        just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages
        down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for
        new vocabulary.' - James Davis Nicoll

Comment

Ha Ha, very funny. But that leads to another question: DeLorean DMC-12 or Type 102 TARDIS?

p.s. Date Edited. Well Spotted.

Comment

you have to coff up this money you self sadley. well was the same with me for sstg. but my accom was paid. so only had to pay for my lunch and beer . washing etc which racks up. plus ?100 deposit
            Maybe I will never be
            All the things that I want to be
            But now is not the time to cry
            Now's the time to find out why

Comment

my advice - try to get out of halls as soon as, save money by renting a place locally

I don't smoke, but I probably get by on less than ?50 a week, lots of drinking in the common room, keeping myself topped up on a night out.

Nights out in Newcastle not included.
              Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

I disagree I would stay in the halls during phase 1..... Meh, its ?110 a week, but it means u dont have to cook, no travel costs and your only 2 min walk from your classes....... and you won't really save THAT much in your own place, alot of the guys in my class have said it'll cost them MORE to move out but they are doing it for the "freedom"

Comment

It's a requirement to stay in halls for phase one-yes there are exceptions, but they are rare and to be honest-they're missing out.
                  Prepare by saving at least 600 quid for beer tokens whilst you meet people for the first time and have the only period during your cadetship where you can go out, get drunk and enjoy yourself. After that, it's work, work and more work. Being close to class is great, especially with a hangover (not that I ever put myself in that position......) and at the end of the day, it's part of the lifestyle.

I will look back at living in Warsash with great fondness in years to come, and everybody should experience the same.

Anyway, time for another tinny before maths!!!! ;O)

Comment

Originally posted by steamer
                    the only period during your cadetship where you can go out, get drunk and enjoy yourself. After that, it's work, work and more work.
                    Your cadetship is obviously a lot different to what mine was like!
                    South Shields mafia:
                    Mon-Fri 9-5 in the classroom with very few 'out of hours' projects to do.
                    Out: Monday (Newcastle student night), Wednesday(Dance night at the R&B club), Thursday (7 quid entry and free drink all night), Friday (?1 a drink all night), Saturday abbo at the 'Gentlemans club' in Whitley Bay with the evening in the 'toon', Sunday being SUPER SUNDAY involving pub rugby 7's/football and pints thereafter.
                    That plus the usual diversion of chasing birds/seeing the girlfriend etc and weekday liquid lunches.
                    Bloody expensive of course but so many happy memories. As cadets we had the legacy of our forebears to look up to, and we did! The lecturers were proud, no doubt triggering memories of their own misspent youth!

Comment

monday nights and thursdays are the same for me. local strip club on a wednesday. and out in sheilds on the thursday.
                      Maybe I will never be

Comment

Beef1992,
                        Don't tell me that the Brunny is still on the go?

Comment

Brunny never heard of it , as such it must not be on going
                          Maybe I will never be

Comment

Proper name was 'The Brunswick', noted for having dancers in cages, so I'm told that is, would never have set foot in the place...

Comment

yeh this is a proper lap dancing club now called wispers
                              Maybe I will never be

Comment

Working...
                              X