Accomodation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accomodation

Can someone give me an idea about what the accommodation is like at Fleetwood. I have been offered a place there on FD in Jan. Not sure if i will take it or not yet (just because im waiting on the outcome of another interview) but would still like to know
    Is it catered or not?
    How much does it cost per week? (Need to do me budgeting)
    Do you share in your 1st phase?

Re: Accomodation

OK, the accommodation block is pretty grim, but it's bearable. You don't share cabins, but you do share the bathrooms and loos. You get breakfast and dinner, lunch is extra. Costs ?110/week or ?100/week, I paid the latter, but others seem to have paid the former And the cabins are all singles.

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

I know the bathrooms are shared facilities but are the showers communal e.g like a leisure centre just a block of open showers or are they private/enclosed.

Thanks

Comment

No, they aren't communual! They have doors which you can lock and everything!!

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

Well thats ok then. I got the impression they would be communal. Reading different posts and articles on the web when people mention the word communal I always imagine it being like a leisure centre, open showers. I guess the same applies on some ships. If it mentions shared bathroom facilties I now know the set-up. I'm not against communal showers or anything like that but youve got to have your own privacy.

Comment

Thank you size 4
            Im definately starting college in Jan but i have been offered a chioce.Currently drawing up a pro and cos list for different colleges but i'm pretty sure i will be going to fleetwood.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil87
              I know the bathrooms are shared facilities but are the showers communal e.g like a leisure centre just a block of open showers or are they private/enclosed.

Thanks
              contrary to popular belief it's not the Royal Navy

Comment

Yes thats true. But its not the case in warsash it is communal showering.

Comment

No it isn't Neil... that's just jmz's wet dream.
                  Emeritus Admin & Founding Member

Comment

Working...
                  X