No announcement yet.

Fleetwood - Sept 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh so you're both going the FD route? I don't have the UCAS points unfortunately.
    Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today.

Comment

I have ucas points but not in the right subjects so ive no idea whether im on fd or hnd
      H. Jackson Brown Jr. -- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Comment

Originally posted by solman07 View Post
        Ahh so you're both going the FD route? I don't have the UCAS points unfortunately.
        I was going to be on the hnc route but realised the course I'm on If I pass will give me enough points and I phoned up to make sure
        "You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water."-
        Rabindranath Tagore

Comment

Nice, Either way I don't think theres much in it. You still get the same certificate at the end to be an officer in the merchant navy so I guess thats what matters

Anyone know what the living situation like is there? **** rooms I can deal with after all I spent nearly 4 years in the Royal Air Force. The internet however, I hear its restricted :O :O :O :O

Comment

Yeah apparently its restricted no xbox online! sighh
            H. Jackson Brown Jr. -- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Comment

Don't care about restricted really as long as its quite fast
              Rabindranath Tagore

Comment

Eugh, no Steam access then I'm guessing I sense a private VPN may be purchased the days before arriving haha!

Comment

Eugh, no Steam access then I'm guessing I sense a private VPN may be purchased the days before arriving haha!
                  Ye just download everything beforehand or head to a costa somewhere. Hahah
                  Rabindranath Tagore

Comment

May have to be done. Living cost wise do you think it's going to be doable?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

May have to be done. Living cost wise do you think it's going to be doable?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      Well u get ?175 a week ?110ish is taken up from the Accomodation that leaves u with ?65 a week for what ? Ur food is already paid for twice a day u have electric and Internet and heating so that ?65 is for whatever like new uniform books beer etc and that's a week it's ?260 a month spare so I think it's doable
                      Rabindranath Tagore

Comment

110? Eesh, thought it was a little lower than that to be honest with you. I had the number ?80 in my head as what we would live on. Just seems so little coming from my history of work

Comment

Fleetwood - Sept 2014

110? Eesh, thought it was a little lower than that to be honest with you. I had the number ?80 in my head as what we would live on. Just seems so little coming from my history of work
                          Ye but u get breakfast and lunch/dinner so two meals a day plus electric,heating,Internet and tv so uno not to bad
                          Rabindranath Tagore

Comment

The fees were ?495 a month from September 13 to now... Roughly ?125 a week.

Comment

Close enough
                              Rabindranath Tagore

Comment

Jesussss Christ. ?125 a week? Soooo that leaves us with ?50 for lunch 7 days a week and any other incidentals we may need?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎