Halls of Residence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halls of Residence

Any current or former cadets happen to know if the college still take payment for halls from you while you're away at sea?
    'Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans'

I dunno about fleetwood but i certainly doubt it! For STC we were on a 3/4 month contract to fit in with our college phase, shouldnt pay for something youre not using

Comment

Well quite! I was really hoping they wouldn't bill you for a vacant room.

Comment

You're only charged for the time you're there. As soon as you leave you no longer pay.

Comment

No idea about fleetwood, but glasgow only charge you for the time you are there. I would rather suspect that all the nautical institutions are set up to work around the various phases.

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
            Well quite! I was really hoping they wouldn't bill you for a vacant room.
            It won't be vacant for long. Another cadet in another phase will jump into your bunk not long after you leave it.

Comment

Ahh I get it. So I will be able to save even more when I'm at sea. You've just made my week Steve.

Comment

How much is the deposit for fleetwood?

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                  How much is the deposit for fleetwood?
                  There is no deposit required! I started this month and was expecting a similar situation but none was required. The cost for me for this phase
                  is ?495, includes 2 meals 7 days a week. I pay at the start of the month as my company pays me at the end of the month. Some companies will pay the halls for you, etc. Check it out with your company what they intend to do with you.
                  Twitter: Scotty_2410

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
                  William Arthur Ward

Comment

Oooh and no they dont expect you to pay once a college phase finishes. At Fleetwood there are 2 intakes a year, so as soon as you leave for your sea phase another set of cadets join the college.
                    Twitter: Scotty_2410

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
                    William Arthur Ward

Comment

Scotty- is that ?495 for the full 19 weeks (or whatever it is) of phase 1 OR per month.

Comment

That will be per month would be lovely if that was per term, then I think most would go back to halls haha

Comment

That is crazy expensive and I'm also willing to bet that there's no option to not have the food on your bill and cook your own?

I guess I'll have to work like crazy in the two months before I go and try to save up some cash.

Comment

That is pretty mental actually, think Glasgow catered was about ?100 cheaper than that when I lived there. Admittedly that was a hovel and it was 3 years ago but still.

Comment

South Tyneside is about the same and you have no choice with food you have to have it for seven days think warsash do a 5 day deal and it can be cheaper as you share?

Comment

Working...
                              X