Halls of Residence Payment Methods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halls of Residence Payment Methods?

So, I'm starting at FNC on sunday (2nd sept) and I'm staying in the HoR. I know I have to pay for the accomodation when I arrive but I need to know if they accept Visa Debit Cards, as I'm sure it is just as inconvenient for them having a few K in cash locked away in the filing cabinet as it is for me having to go to the cash machine over 2 days and wandering around with a few hundred quid in my wallet for a few days.
    Replies asap would be greatly appreciated as if they dont accept cards, I dont have a chequebook so will need to start drawing the money out today.
    Thanks
    Carl
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -- William Arthur War

Twitter - @tommisevenfold

Originally posted by tommysevenfold View Post
    me having to go to the cash machine over 2 days and wandering around with a few hundred quid in my wallet for a few days.
    If you have an account with a high street bank or building society you can go to the counter for larger sums of cash.

Comment

I'm fairly certain the college will accept Debit/Credit cards, I know Warsash do and I see absolutely no reason Fleetwood wouldn't.

Comment

Of course there is the old fashioned way - a cheque. I know that cheques are being phased out because the cheque guarantee card is being withdrawn, but people will still accept them if they know how to catch up with you if one bounces, and as you are a captive audience then they will be able to catch up with you.

Ian
        "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
        "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchorder View Post
          Of course there is the old fashioned way - a cheque.
          Originally posted by tommysevenfold View Post
          I dont have a chequebook...
          But a banker's draft is another option for those without a chequebook.

Comment

Working...
          X