Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maths test?

Hi all,

I've seen a few people on here talking about a maths test at Warsash when you first start college - does Fleetwood do the same?

I'm on the HNC/HND course.

Thanks in advance,

Kind Regards,
    Jack.

Yeah Fleetwood do a Maths Test - from what I can remember, you have a diagnostic test which is to see where you need to improve and then you have a few lectures where you cover what will be on the test for example basic mathematics, percentages and graphs etc. then you have this end of module test which isn't actually that bad, if you attend all the lectures and work a bit then you can pass it, it's laughably easy though so I wouldn't worry too much

Hope this helps, Fio.

Comment

If I'm honest, the maths that you do in navigation, is a whole lot easier then when you were at school, because it now has a point and reason, so you actually know why you are doing it and that gives you motivation. You longer have to worry about Sally giving Jerry 2 apples and how that equals a+b-c2 + x

Comment

Although I heard this wonderful quote from a Warsash cadet today from her maths revision paper... "a cadet offers to assist his female colleagues with their vectors"
        My response was "the female cadets tell him where to go, do the calculation in half the time it takes him and get 95% overall"

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

Originally posted by size4riggerboots View Post
          My response was "the female cadets tell him where to go, do the calculation in half the time it takes him and get 95% overall"
          Whilst the original statement is potentially sexist (the gender of the Cadet is not specified), yours is equally so saying that she is better than they are by doing it in half the time.

Sexism has no place in this industry...
          I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Working...
          X