Accomodation Required in Fleetwood for Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accomodation Required in Fleetwood for Masters

The Hatchling is off to Fleetwood to do his Masters starting on 27th September for 4 weeks, but he will stay in the area until he has done his orals, so will probably need accommodation for up to 8 weeks.

He does not want to be in a shared accommodation - unless it is someone on the same Mates/Masters course as him! In reality he is looking for lodgings that are near to the college and reasonably quiet. He is allergic to dogs and horses, so cannot be near them, but other than that he is reasonably well house trained and will definitely be there to study not party!

I don't think he wants to be in a place on his own - he needs someone to talk to occasionally, just so he can feel human!

I know that the course is all online - so he will need good internet access.

Some people might ask "why is he going to the college if it is all online?" - Fair question, but when I spoke to one of the senior people at the college I was told that if they are able to access the campus they can use the library and access the tutors as well. All the lectures are recorded and they have access to them, as well as past online sessions, but in reality it is the chance of face to face time and the library that swung it for him.

So, can anyone recommend and lodgings near the college and what the prices are? He will need them from 25/9/21 for at least 6 weeks with an option to extend for a few more weeks.

Thanks and regards,

Ian.

P.S. He sent off his NOE application and the automatic response said it was a 105 day wait for NOE's - are the MCA for real?
    "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
    "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Look on an app called Spareroom. I've used it to find places a few times and always happy with it. Normally plenty of places offering short term stays as a lodger on there so worth a look.

Comment

Originally posted by shackleguy View Post
      Look on an app called Spareroom. I've used it to find places a few times and always happy with it. Normally plenty of places offering short term stays as a lodger on there so worth a look.
      Thank you. I think he has looked on there already and only one prospect. Appreciate your response.
      "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
      "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

He tried Airbnb?

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle View Post
          He tried Airbnb?
          Yes, They seem expensive compared to spareroom

Comment

So today he confirmed a room found on Spareroom.com.... There is not really a lot about at the moment, but he had a flurry of activity in the last couple of days. £85.00 a week for a double room with desk and shared facilities with all bills and Internet included - 5 miles from the college and a live in owner with one other room spare that is hired by a professional during the week only. Sounds good.

Comment

I wonder if Hatchcorder has been in touch with the College accommodation section to ask why landlord details have ALL been taken down at this time - which has the highest 2 weeks booking demand in the whole year and is the most lucrative 2 weeks booking ahead time of the year for landlords with vacancies for now and for 2022.
              You can see that ,today, the College accommodation site says -

"We will support you to find local accommodation with one of our registered landlords".

That help is spearheaded by removing from cadets all details of private landlords. It seems part of a familiar picture. Perhaps the details will be put back when current demand subsides?

This is annoying for landlords; and doesn't seem to put cadets first. Let us just hope it is an admin blip.

Comment

Originally posted by HarbourVillage View Post
                I wonder if Hatchcorder has been in touch with the College accommodation section to ask why landlord details have ALL been taken down at this time - which has the highest 2 weeks booking demand in the whole year and is the most lucrative 2 weeks booking ahead time of the year for landlords with vacancies for now and for 2022.
                You can see that ,today, the College accommodation site says -

"We will support you to find local accommodation with one of our registered landlords".

That help is spearheaded by removing from cadets all details of private landlords. It seems part of a familiar picture. Perhaps the details will be put back when current demand subsides?

This is annoying for landlords; and doesn't seem to put cadets first. Let us just hope it is an admin blip.
                Or more the fact that Blackpool doesn't want to be responsible for dodgy landlords and issues and how corrupt Fleetwood renting is, including staff pressurising students to get accommodation in the first week as they either own the properties or get a kick back.

Comment

Working...
                X