Engineering at Fleetwood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engineering at Fleetwood?

I know Fleetwood is really a decky area, but heard that they may be starting engineering courses in September 2011.
    This certainy would be good as I'm 44 miles away from fleetwood and love the area.

Is this true?

Re: Engineering?

it is, though apparently the engineering section was meant to open, September past but didn't, so there seems to be some scepticism over whether it will actually open.

BUt yes, form what I got told at my SSTG interview, the current aim is to offer courses in Marine Engineering come September 2011

Comment

Re: Engineering?

Yup I heard the same, don't count on your company sending you there though. Warsash is about 45 mins from me but have been sent to fleetwood and similar has happened with so many other people. I'd also imagine that only a few companies will use it for the first couple of intakes so your company my still send elsewhere as well.

Never know, might be lucky though!

Comment

Re: Engineering at Fleetwood?

There are engineers there now but these are trialing it apparently so i was told. Although the opening is 2011 . as they are building a workshop i think on corpse road in Fleetwood , this would be handy for me as i live behind the college. A 300yrd walk. but unfortunatley I am already at STC
        Maybe I will never be
        All the things that I want to be
        But now is not the time to cry
        Now's the time to find out why

Comment

Does anyone know whether their workshop and teaching standards will be up to scratch?

Comment

At there Main Campus engineering (non marine) is very good , so if its anything to go by Im sure it will be up to standard. and if its as good as the Navigation side I am sure it will be Excellent
            Maybe I will never be
            All the things that I want to be
            But now is not the time to cry
            Now's the time to find out why

Comment

Working...
            X