Internet In Accommodation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet In Accommodation

Hey all, Im starting at Fleetwood In January, just checking that there is internet in the rooms, and what the speed is like/ if there are any filters?

Cant wait to start :P althought i live right next to Warsash so was expecting to go there, but hey!

Re: Internet In Accommodation

Hey yer the rooms do have internet but its very slow so wathcing things on iplayer or youtube takes a long time. I am the same as you as i live next to Warsash but ended up here not too bad though

Comment

Ahh fairplay, Ill have to make do :P my internet here is terrible anyways.

Thats cool to meet someone in the same situation as me, whereabouts did you live? Im in bournemouth atm, starting at Fleetwood at the end of January.

Comment

I see, well im here at Fleetwood now (phase1) and finish in Jan to go to sea. I live in Fareham just the other side of Warsash to you

Comment

Is it wireless or do you need an ethernet cable? And how restricted is it?

Comment

Originally posted by kayak
            And how restricted is it?

I guess it's not worth bringing my xbox. I read that Warsash has some sort of SUPER broadband

Comment

I wouldn't call it super - it can handle iPlayer, YouTube etc but it's certainly not as fast as you might get at home.
              sigpic
              Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

It is very hard to get any consoles to work online in halls unless you attempt to run them through a proxy server..
                Forum Admin

Comment

Thanks, i'll probably leave it at home then, i don't trust/understand proxy servers.

Comment

I ran my own proxy server on a vps all through 6th form

Comment

Hmm take it to keep you entertained , although in the first week you wont have much time as you will be drinking !! At STC we plug ours into the network and have big lan games with loads of people in my group , the internet at STC is very variable i live on the top floor were the routers are located so get an OK speed. can watch iplayer sometimes , at peak times you have no chance.
                      Maybe I will never be
                      All the things that I want to be
                      But now is not the time to cry
                      Now's the time to find out why

Comment

Working...
                      X