Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to fleetwood

Hi,

Just been told im going to fleetwood for the fd in january, rather than warsash which I was expecting.

Can anyone reassure me that im not missing out, particularly with life outside of lessons etc?..

Re: Going to fleetwood

I remember it being in the middle of no where when I went for my interview.....
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Fleetwood isnt in the middle of nowhere. couple of minutes up the road is Broad water. then fleetwood , other way towards the coast is cleveleys. easy walk or 5min tram journey. theres a cinema few clubs and pubs.

Heading south inland , there is thornton not much there except lots of houses.

then theres good old blackpool about 10min tram journey with lots to do.
      Maybe I will never be
      All the things that I want to be
      But now is not the time to cry
      Now's the time to find out why

Comment

Dude, what happened?

What company are you with?

Well it should be good anyway and like beef1992 said it's 10mins from blackpoole and they've got a theme park =]. Warsash doesn't have that =/.
        I also believe that warsash and fleetwood are soley nautical colleges (correct me if i'm wrong), where as the others have normal colleges attached.

Comment

Fleetwood isnt not an independent nautical college. although it has its own nautical campus so no other students
          Maybe I will never be
          All the things that I want to be
          But now is not the time to cry
          Now's the time to find out why

Comment

I see. I don't like the idea walking around in uniform whilst everyone elses is in there casual attire.

Comment

Why's that?

Comment

I think it's because they get to wear whatever and i'd have to wear what i'm told and you're always more comfortable in you own clothes. At least when everyone is wearing uniform you all suffer (extreme word) the same.

I dunno maybe it's because i left school and though i'd never be putting a uniform on again.

You're at shields right? how do you find it?

Comment

Thanks, Im feeling a bit more optimistic about it now anyway :P

Anyone know of anywhere around where I can do kayaking or sailing etc?

And I heard something about a load of rennovation going on there, whats that about? Oh and whats the deal with common roomy areas and stuff in the halls because their website is useless at giving any idea at all of what the place is like.

Cheers

Comment

Hey Kayak,

Fleetwood's alright, but you wont be missing out! BLackpool's just down the road. The halls are a bit old, and everything will be fixed 'after the refit' in summer 2010. The food's about as good as its going to get, and you get your own room with a sink, and the bathrooms have already been done. At the moment, we have a common room with a bar thats open in the evenings during the week, and a big tv with sky. Theres a laundry and an ironing room but alot of pepole bring their own.

As for kayaking and sailing, we do Adventure Based Training through phase 1 - Sailing, Archery etc, and a bunch of other extra stuff in the evenings. There's a local adventure group that meets during the summer down at the lake so you can go kayaking with them as well. You shouldn't be too bored !

See you in Jan!

Comment

Working...
                    X