How long to walk...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long to walk...

Since I'm going to be commuting to do a short course at GCNS next week... How long is the walk from Argyle Street Station to the college?

Or is there anywhere nearby that you can park that doesn't cost a small fortune?
    ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
    myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Around 10 minutes.

Comment

Its a fairly quick , 15 min max , walk just down past st enoch and across the bridge. Remember its a building site tho!

Comment

Train station is very close, fast walking just under 10 mins.

Parking, none at the college generally, however there is plenty of parking in the Gorbals across the road, I used to park diagonally across the junction from the college, normally always got a space there though that was before they lost the big college car park to a building site!! Several side streets and places in and around the Gorbals for free parking, within 5 mins or so walking distance, and the new Gorbals (the area in question) is pretty tame now.

Comment

I seem to remember telling you this yesterday....

Anywho, not much parking at the college but you're welcome to come park by mine if you want, but I'm a 20/30 min walk away....
          I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Is there not a station on the south side that's a bit closer (bridge street maybe?) just past the courts.
            Go out, do stuff

Comment

Thats the subway station...

Sent from the Batcave via carrier pigeon....
              I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Oh yeah, I was thinking that Al had asked about St. Enoch's underground.
                Go out, do stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Clanky View Post
                  Oh yeah, I was thinking that Al had asked about St. Enoch's underground.
                  Alas I live far beyond the clutches of the subway's reach Trains from my nearest station however do helpfully stop off at Argyle before reaching Central's lower level platforms.
                  ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
                  myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Working...
                  X