Any other 16 year olds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other 16 year olds?

Hey guys, I'm coming to Glasgow in September for the HNC Deck course. Just wondering if any other 16 year olds are going to be there with me. Also, I'm staying at home since I'm only a 40 minute bus journey from the college.
    "When a man comes to like a sea life, he is not fit to live on land." - Dr. Samuel Johnson.

"Only two sailors, in my experience, never ran aground. One never left port and the other was an atrocious liar." - Don Bamford

Another Glasgow punter! It doesn't really matter about age on the course, you all have a common interest to get you started! To answer your question though yeah there are a bunch of people around your age doing deck and will be in your class. How do I know this? From the Facebook group! Get joining it! Here's a link to it:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/457412224346153/

Comment

I would be joining... If i had Facebook.
      "When a man comes to like a sea life, he is not fit to live on land." - Dr. Samuel Johnson.

"Only two sailors, in my experience, never ran aground. One never left port and the other was an atrocious liar." - Don Bamford

Comment

Ah okay. Well you know where to find all of us!

Comment

I started 2 years back and in the HNC intake of around 40 there were maybe 10-15 people aged 16-17. The only major downside is that you'll maybe feel left out when the class go for nights out and drinks, but don't worry about your age you won't be thought of any less for it, and anything that does get said to you will just be a bit of banter. Don't want to sound harsh but make sure you can take a bit of stick otherwise college and sea will be a rough time for you!

Comment

I'm also 16 bud, wouldn't worry there will be a few of us there!

Comment

Originally posted by DeanMcDowall View Post
              I'm also 16 bud, wouldn't worry there will be a few of us there!
              You're just an aspiring Engine Cadet eh Dean?

Comment

Originally posted by StevieGrizzler View Post
                Don't want to sound harsh but make sure you can take a bit of stick otherwise college and sea will be a rough time for you!
                Don't worry, I think my school and my dad and grandfather are probably worse.

Comment

I didn't even realise that was still there! I'll just change it now.

Comment

Good luck, IMHO it's the best age to start, ready to take on the world whilst young.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungMariner View Post
                      Good luck, IMHO it's the best age to start, ready to take on the world whilst young.
                      Haha, thanks YM. I totally agree with you on that.

Comment

Working...
                      X