X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • weerossi
    • April 2010

Accommodation

Right, just contacted GCNS regarding accommodation. Just wanting to know what is better. going the ctered route or the self catered flats?

Who pays for your living expenses? is it the sponsor company or do we needa pay this outa the ?170 we get weekly?

I was reading the rules & regs regarding each type off accommodation & self catered looks to be the best.

Any info will be appreciate
  • GuinnessMan
    OC's Resident Grumpy Old Man
    • April 2010

Re: Accommodation

Go for St. Lukes. Much nicer than Alcatraz (catered). If your CMT then your paying for you own halls out of your monthly pay.
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

• weerossi
      • April 2010

It comes down to money, catered is ?10 more a week or summit like that. if i went self catered i wud be spending more thn tht ?10 a week getting food for myself. hard decision. I want to go self catered bt money is the issue.

Comment

• dawg
        • March 2010

Yeah, but would you be more fussy about what you clog your gullit with for a tenner a week than they would?
        Emeritus Admin & Founding Member

Comment

• weerossi
          • April 2010

Aye super noodles and beans on toast in Self Catering. Made ma mind up

Any1 else going to St Lukes?

Comment

• effiestephy
            • April 2010

GCNS just called and said they're sending my form out today for my catered accommodation. (:
            "Did I tell you about my theory about sailors? Sailors are the finest people in the world."

Comment

• Naaatan
              • June 2010

It looks like self-catered has the best rooms. And Ive been told that Clyde Marine like to put older students in self-catered. That's what I'll be doing anyway.

Your right though, the rent will be ?10 cheaper but you'll spend more than that on food, so overall it's by no means a cheaper way to go. But worth it for a room with your own toilet and shower I reckon.

By the way people.....?150 deposit!!? Not happy about that. Im sure Warsash is only ?100

Comment

• effiestephy
                • April 2010

Is the deposit ?150 D: that's ridiculous, I'm skint! Looks like I'm gonna be borrowing money from the bank of mum.
                "Did I tell you about my theory about sailors? Sailors are the finest people in the world."

Comment

• Lid
                  • April 2010

Originally posted by effiestephy
                  Is the deposit ?150 D: that's ridiculous, I'm skint! Looks like I'm gonna be borrowing money from the bank of mum.
                  I borrowed the deposit from my mum as well lol

Comment

• topper--topper
                    • April 2010

I did not even know about the deposit until I got there, As my company arranged it all (SSTG) but did not tell me about the deposit.
                    Lucky though I had enough money for it.

Comment

• weerossi
                      • April 2010

The deposit will be a loan from the Bank Of Mum & Dad.

I wid rather be self catered more independance and no curfew or tht. I

Comment

• kellie
                        • July 2010

I am in the catered accommodation, me and my parents went up to see the accommodation last week and we are referring to my room as a "cupboard" as its so small, the word to use is that it is "compact"!!!
                        "A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor but it does make a happy sailor!"

Comment

• dawg
                          • March 2010

I'm surprised they don't describe it as "modern Japanese chic"
                          Emeritus Admin & Founding Member

Comment

• Zack
                            • June 2010

The rooms in the catered halls arent as small as i thought they were going to be. Visited them yesterday. Got plenty of room for all you need. The common rooms are cool too.

Comment

• Noobert
                              • July 2010

The rooms in catered dont need to be big all your really doing is sleeping in them and maybe a bit of facebook etc you also have a small sink in them for brushing teeth etc you have the common rooms which are pretty big and have pool tables table tennis tables and several tvs theres also a small kitchen with microwaves etc it would be a good idea to get a mini fridge in your room though because the fridge in the kitchen is pretty small and people will more than likely eat your food even if you put your name on it plus mini fridges are pretty cool i havent seen the self catered accom but i know its bigger but you have to be over 18 to stay in them which is why im not. the curfew isnt too strict in catered its 11 on weekdays and midnight friday and saterday if you get back later i know they can be quite strict with you
                              I like turtles

If I offend I'm sorry, please, please forgive, for I am Triumph, the puppet dog, I am a mere puppet, I can get away with anything I say and you will love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X